ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Spax RSX + RB = Wash & Pics

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Had the Spax RSX coilover kit fitted yesterday so i thought i'd treat it to a wash and take a couple of pics. Really just to show people who were toying with buying the kit how they look.

Rear adjusters set to their lowest position, front adjusters set about half an inch from the bottom thread. Half a tank of fuel on board.

7576010262_49137203a3_z.jpg

RB 047 by Ricard o1, on Flickr

7576009576_86f8ea984f_z.jpg

RB 052 by Ricard o1, on Flickr

7576011078_bdb786e060_z.jpg

RB 055 by Ricard o1, on Flickr

7576147996_b143ac1cd2_z.jpg

RB 056 by Ricard o1, on Flickr

7576008866_35141b3f98_z.jpg

RB 053 by Ricard o1, on Flickr

Arctic 182, GTD
Looks awesome! Is it just me or does it look like it has reverse rake slighty? Might just because I'm on a iPhone and the pics are too small. And also where u get the Spax kit? I'm still hunting for the best price lol

Inferno 225 cup
This is the second thread ive seen with the clios sat perfectly (chris's bg)

The best way to make a clio look good is leave it oem and drop it.

Love it mate,

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
The front wheel does look like it has more arch gap but i think its like that as the front wheel dips on the black drain cover.

I bought them from FST Automotive in Sc**thorpe for £560 when they had a discount offer running a month ago.

The wheels are Primer Grey then lacquered, i still have the Trophy Turinis. I'm using the OZ F1s at the moment as i needed to set up the camber, toe out and ride height for an upcoming trackday at Blyton Park and beyond.

Really appreciate the kind comments

Last edited:

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Looks awesome. Rb is the best color too :)

A tad too low at the rear imo.

Whats your views on the spax kit? That's bloody cheap at that price too!!

Cheers, I'm gonna leave the ride height for this week then decide what to do as changing the front will incur slight changes to the geometry. The 16" Turinis will go back on the end of this week too as the OZs were bought for track wheels (but like them on the car too much to take them off!)

The build quality seem really good, early days for any in depth feedback but so far they feel good on road. As for the price I was lucky to get them at all, it was only after reading on a random post from someone saying they could get them for that price that I PMd him for info on what company had this deal going on. A couple of phone calls later and a payment was made, As far as I know THE cheapest price out there :eek: :D

The GAZ it's fair to say we're past their best so the suspension was due a change, when the offer came up it was rude not to make the purchase.

When you think for the 60mm CUP hubs you either by K Tec or V Maxx or head straight to £800 upwards, there isn't IMO anything out there in the middle price range. I had FK Konigsports on my last Clio and for the price they were pretty damn good, it's a shame they don't make the Konigsports in 60mm?

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Looks mint!
What top mounts are you running. I fancy some of these but have AST mounts at mo, and dont know how they will marry up

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Looks mint!
What top mounts are you running. I fancy some of these but have AST mounts at mo, and dont know how they will marry up

Cheers, im using OE Renault top mounts. I didn't fancy drilling holes into the turret to fit solid mounts this time round ( had K Tec solid mounts on another Clio) it's an everyday car with the odd trackday thrown in :)

itb182, 621bhp scoob
ok so what is the product number for this set ie seperate rear shock/spring because as good as the all in 1 is the rear top struts have no strengthening plate to take the weight of the car so want the spring in the original position or is this not a worry?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I was just coming in to say that I bet you're happy with how he's keeping it! Looks lovely. Wheels really suit it too, very different, which I like.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yup! Considering my Dynamique and Ph1 172 are both dead now, I'm quite glad Rich bought it from me! :eek:

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I'm going to buy it off him when the time comes and roll it into a field, brench style.

Boys :D

To think I still haven't met Chris in person yet, I was toying with heading up to CSS just for that reason but the weather forecast looked grim, what with a 260 mile round trip for it to be chucking down :eek:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Boys :D

To think I still haven't met Chris in person yet, I was toying with heading up to CSS just for that reason but the weather forecast looked grim, what with a 260 mile round trip for it to be chucking down :eek:

Lol. Was hoping to see it back to it's best as well. :eek:

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Love that mate I would have possibly gone a different colour on the wheels but still nice.

RB <3