ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New speakers and Fitting

Clio 1.2 16V
Right
Im lookng at upgrading my sound system at the moment Ive been looking around and so far i get the idea that im best first of all upgrading the front door speakers. I was thinking maybe these:

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4826.html

amd then buying a HU and then an amp and maybe a sub in the future.
My budget is pretty low so I need to keep costs down.

Would thos speakers be a direct replacement for my standard speakers (unscrew old 1s disconnect and then connect and screw back in new ones)

Do I have to take the dash off to install tweeters?

Cheers in advance

Tom

jamescolli

ClioSport Club Member
hey
yer the fronts should be pretty simple tho you will need a pack of connectors from halfords to connect them. the current renault wiring should be two prongs in a plastic casing, you have to cut those off, strip the wires and crimp the new connectors on and then plug these on to your new speakers.

i think you do have to remove the dash to change tweeters
hope that makes sense , i did all this myself on friday lol
james.

Clio 1.2 16V
Cheers,
So id be able to do this pretty easily then?
Did you take the dash off to fit yours?
What do you think of the setup you installed then are they the same speakers?

Tom

jamescolli

ClioSport Club Member
yer the speakers should be easy to fit i mean im totally useless with anything practical and i mangaged to do it in 10mins without any help or assistance.

i havent done the tweeters tho cos i bought coaxials which have the tweeter built in to them. also mine are alpine speakers which were only £40 (yes im a student and im skint) i was quite impressed with them.
James.

Clio 1.2 16V
Maybe I should switch for Coaxials instead, am i right thinking that they dont require fitting crossovers?

Clio 1.2 16V
Hi,

Will these be totally ready to fit to my clio?
Im not sure if they come with crossovers or not

Tom

01 Renaultsport Clio 172
Just changed al 4 of mine and wow what a difference! If you go into halfords and ask them they have the older infinity reference speakers reduced to £39.99 a pair instead of £75 (make sure they look in the stockroom, they will be in a yellow box and the 4 digit model number will start with a 5 not a 6, 6 being the newer ones)

You wont get better speakers for £40, although i think you can get them for a similar price on ebay, just depends how quickly you want them.

Yes it is definitely worth doing the rears as well dot listen to they hype, made a huge difference in my ph1 172. Obviously the rear speakers will be compromising the upgraded ones when you crank it up.

Head unit wise i will be going for an alpine ipod one when ive got the dollars, but i think its mainly down to personal preference. Just get a good strong one, typically 4x50w rms will do the trick although if your running an amp to power all your speakers then i suppose it doesnt really matter. Pain in the arse to wire it all in mind!

Sam

Clio RS 172 '00
why not direct a 16cm its gaves a lot of better bass..

dunno if you have a PH1 but this is how to unsrew the dash @ mine ph 1

3wtg2ix9466vfxsqjqrizomla.jpg

taken stuff out of the door panel and made mdf wooden rings screwed then on the iron of the door.

hvqkprruku4bt5sf5yarar0ct.jpg

al last nothing to see
vggfpsooltya2k70ir394oedz.jpg

01 Renaultsport Clio 172
Yes those are the ones they have in halfords for 39.99. theyre not advertised a that, they just come up on the system as reduced when you scan the bar code so get them to check. Ive bout 2 sets in different stores and this was the case in both.

Im running off the standard atm and they sound good but they will be better with a better head unit.

Piece of piss to fit, front just pull of the covers from the bottom (you will see a little slot for a flat headed screw driver), Unscrew the speaker with a star allen key, unplug the speakers. Then you will have to cut the wires near the plug and put the clips on (ask in halfords which ones you need). Then crimp them on an seal them with insulating tape and plug the speaker in.

BTW The red wire will be the smaller clip and the green/other wire will be the larger clip.

Its worth checking the speaker works before screwing it back in, sounds silly but sometimes the wires dont contact properly when you put the clip on if your not careful.

Rear ones exactly the same, just pull the cover off carefully, you will see how it comes off, then repeat.

job done

Sam

I have those Pioneer TS-Q131c Renault ones in my front door cards, they do not require any changes to the existing wiring in the car as they're made with the exact fitments for the wiring in the renault's. So litterally unscrew old ones, disconnect, then reconnect new speakers and fit back in the same way. 5 minute job! As for the tweeters I managed to fit mine without taking the dash off (as its a new 2007 mk3 clio didn't fancy messing around with the dash on it), this meant breaking the tweeter covers though to get it there, £6 I think from Renault, but the tweeters fit into the grille holders very neatly just as the original factory ones did. Much improved sound quality and surprisingly good bass, although I'm yet to amp them up...

Clio 1.2 16V
CHeers Sam thats real helpful :)

Josh ah sweet so the tweeters you fitted by breaking the current grlles? what and then do the new ones just replace those grilles? Do the pioneers have crossovers? If so where did u put them?

Tom

no they don't have crossovers, direct replacements for the original components. I broke the tweeter covers so had to buy new ones from Renault, buy didnt want to remove the dash you see.

Clio 2 1.4 16V Pirivilege
Hi
I bought Focal 130 v1 last month.

I am glad to buy 130 v1 because Sound is very nice

You should l listen Focal speaker

www.focal-fr.com

130 v1 has crosover.

I used original cable

crosover put into door
I canceled original tweteer I didnt use orginal tweteer cable and emptiness
I put tweteer door panel

I am sorry I cant speak enough English

Everyone Thanks a lot

Clio Sport 16v
Just get FLI 6x9's and a FLI SWAT 5 HU.

Forget a sub...they distort sound quality what ever amp you get. An possible make your first name change to gary.....lol

Clio 1.2 16V
Thanks for all the responses,
I think josh has sold the pioneer renaults to me it sounds like they are the easiest setup to be honest. Im going to try to remove the tweeter covers and replace them that way, hopefully without breaking them lol becasue i dont realy want to be taking the dash off especially if theres a chance of the airbags going off, that would piss me off lol Not sure what I should put in the back maybe some new cheap coaxials.

Clio 1.2 16V
I dont understand why these dont come with crossovers, does this mean they arent that good?

Sorry if i sound stupid

Tom

Focus RS Mk1
in such a small car the rear speakers arent really needed. If you do insist on having them in their then the fade should be 90% to the front. thus just givin the rear that tiny bit of fill.

Having rear speakers only drags the sound stage backwards.

When you go to a concert are the speakers behind you? no, they are in front of you or at the sides of the stage.

Also the tweeters on the renault dash are too low for me, im quite tall so need them mounted a little higher, but where you mount them is dependant on different people etc.

So personally dont watse your cash on rear speakers, either disconncet the rears or fade them out. Upgrade the fronts, components would be ideal, then you can position the tweeter perfectly. good trick to that is connect it up and put some blue tack on the back, stick it around the car at different hieghts to see what suits you best. then you know where to put them :)

Ideal simple setup in a small car is front compenents, driven from a 3 channel amp, with one channel dedicated to a subwoofer or Normal size in the boot. Eg audison (XR3 i think) amp.

Boston acoustic components

Diamond 10 or 12" sub depending on preference, and if you can afford it some kind of eq. Thats what im intending to run. Already got my EQ, just need the rest!

Oh and Avoid 6x9's and anything that has 200000million watts peak power written on the box, look at RMS figures :)

Clio 1.2 16V
Ive now bought the Pioneer renault speakers and I will soon be purchasing a new HU i think ill be going for the Pioneer DEH-P85BT and then I was thinking maybe I could get an active sub that I could fit under the seat as I really need the space so i thought the TS-WX11A.

I realise this set up wont be the headturning sound quality that some of you have but i think it will be good enough for me and not alter the practicality of my car, what do you guys think

Tom