ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New speakers up front in an 02 reg dynamique

Clio Dci Dynamique
HI guys and gals,

This is my first post. I have installed ice a few times before incl amps subs speakers changers HU's etc but i wanna replace the standard mids in the front doors and the tweets in the dash. Do i have to run these off an amp or can i use the existing renault crossovers and just slip the new speakers in the front?

Also what sizes are the mids and tweets?

Last but not least does anyone know the sizes of the speakers in the rear panels? i.e back seat panels?

"Navy" N17 TWO
I just changed my speakers after I got my head unit, long before I got an amp in - just added in stages

I've got Focal Components in the front and Focal coaxils in the rear - both are 13cm (5 1/4") You can put bigger speakers in with some modifications if you are willing

Im selling my components soon ;)
Trev

"Navy" N17 TWO
Honestly, I'm not all that clued-up on car audio as I got mine fitted, trying now to start doing my own work :)

But if your'e asking about replacing the front door speakers with components - it should be ok as crossovers came with my speakers - unsure what you mean by mids though :S

Clio Dci Dynamique
The mids are the speakers in the door itself which handle he great majority of mid range frequencies such as vocals and try to handle most of the bass although subs are better at reproducing bass than mids. Tweeters are the small speakers in the dash that reproduce the high frequencies such as cymbal crashes.

Component speakers come with crossovers which are designed to split up the frequencies from your headunit or amp and send it to the appropriate speaker i.e mid range to the mids and higher frequencies to the tweeters. They also send the bass to the mids in a two way component speaker set.

If you sent the bass to the tweeters they would most likely blow reasonably quickly!

My question really was do i need to use new crossovers for new mids and tweeters or can i use the existing renault crossovers....

BUMPITY BUMP.

182 + Cup
I want to swap the mids in my 182 as they are sh!te. Do youhave to take the whole door panel off as I've heard that can be a real pain?

no the door panel doesnt have to come off unless your going to run bigger speaker cable into them which would be required if your amping them.

Speakers come with various crossovers they need to use the ones that come with them and it would be better to amp them if you can.

Depending on the speaker depends on how it can be done. The stadared renault speakers have whats called an inline crossover which means you give the tweet a full signal and the crossover in the cable block out the lows.

The other style is a seperate box of tricks where basically you input a full signal into it then it has a tweet and mid output which you wire up to the speakers.

It depends on what you buy as to what you do. an inline one can be used easily of the headunit and standared cabling. the other option would be better amped

gsb

98 Sreg Clio RT
Apparently the standard kit basically just has a filter on the back of the tweet. Not sure how true that is. If you buy a set of comps you will get crossovers anyway, and they will be designed for the speakers so will probably sound a lot better. They are not that hard to install either.

you have to use the supplied crossovers otherwise you can risk blowing the tweets unless your running active and know what your doing. Using the wrong fliters might send wrong frequencies to the speakers causing them problems.

I would really reccomend amping them though as youl probably end up sendin the speakers distortion or worse a clipped signal which would kill them in the long run

Clio Dci Dynamique
Yeah but can i run those off of the head unit cable assuming im not installing an amp?

Clio Dci Dynamique
Cheers mate i will wait til i get an amp and components together then. Can run better wire too which is always a bonus. Be nice to soundproof in all...... I cant just have a head unit and speakers i always end up NEEDING 2 subs a load of amps and components.