ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New standard steering wheel to fix airbag light

Right, I had bucket seats and an omp wheel in the clio but now its MOT time, so its all back to standard but airbag light is stuck on.

Put it to ex-renault garage, now owned by Arnold Clark, to get the airbag light off. They are telling me I need a new steering wheel to put the light out which im getting a price for tomorrow apparently (Through the roof im guessing?!) How true could this be? Tbh, i think they are mugging me off! Had this problem last year before they were owned by Arnold clark and it was sorted in an hour or 2 with no new parts needed. Any ideas?

Thanks

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Don't need a new wheel. All you need to do is the simple resistor trick (3.3ohm if i remember correctly) in the connections where the air bag went. As long as the light is off it doesn't matter if you don't have an air bag iirc.
Had numerous cars over the years with a race style wheel and they all passed MOT tests (granted one was an old Triumph and never had air bags!)

Trackslag172

ClioSport Club Member
  03 Clio 172
I have just removed all the airbags from mine, and from what ive read it is not a fail as long as the light is not on (3.3ohm resistor sorts that) and the airbags have been removed.
Also harnesses are not a fail as long as they are fitted correctly and you remove the old seat belts. If the seat belt is there it must be in full working order - which it wont be because the bucket seat your fit wont have the buckle attached to it to plug it in to!

This is only from my recent reading so double check it if unsure