ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Steering Wheel

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
Hi, I'm looking to get a new steering wheel for my 172 cup, looked at a few but unsure about what to get. Just wondered if anyone had any recommendations? Also don't know whether to get a dished wheel or not, do they push the wheel back by much in comparison to the standard wheel? I'm quite tall so I already have my seat as far back as it will go, I don't think I would be a comfortable driving position if the wheel was any further back.

The obvious choice for a non dished wheel seems to be the Rensault sport sabelt, I really like them, but impossible to get hold of, also there's no horn without getting extra button fitted and they're silly money when anybody actually sells them.

Has anyone bought one of these? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-c...26bbc0e&pid=100033&rk=8&rkt=8&sd=351000630504

Not one for buying unbranded stuff like this on ebay but the price made me think they may be decent.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, any boss recommendations would be good too!

Cheers!

I've got an OMP Trecento 300mm wheel on mine with an OMP Boss.

With the boss and aftermarket wheel IIRC it does sit a little more towards you than the standard steering wheel, with the additional snap off boss that I have put on mine it will put it towards you even more.

Hopefully the second picture I have put will make some use to you!

E75AD48B-4A0E-4049-B694-D5C49B5CA39C.jpg

5C4A8C0E-BBF3-43A4-ACA8-1F275A8DF708.jpg

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
Cheers for the replies guys, that photo helps alot man cheers, I think a dished wheel will be far too close for me so no dish it is
I had a look a t the Targa, I quite like it, might be what I go for!