ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Supersprint exhaust parts for the Clio RS-197

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
Supersprint have just expanded their range of exhausts to include parts for the RS197. These parts are available now through us and include a backbox, a centre pipe with or without a silencer and a front pipe with a metallic cat but there will also be a replacement pre-cat pipe soon. all the parts are made from high quality T304 stainless steel

supersprint-backbox-837804-873814.jpg

Backbox - £724
http://www.kamracing.co.uk/renault-...ult-clio-mk3-rs-197-stainless-steel-2172.html

supersprint-centre-pipe-873813.jpg

Centre pipe without silencer - £179
http://www.kamracing.co.uk/renault-...centre-pipe-no-silencer-clio-mk3-rs-2175.html

supersprint-centre-pipe-873803.jpg

Centre pipe with silencer - £350
http://www.kamracing.co.uk/renault-...ck-centre-pipe-silencer-clio-mk3-rs-2174.html

supersprint-front-pipe-873832.jpg

Front pipe with metallic cat -£860
http://www.kamracing.co.uk/renault-...t-sports-cat-front-pipe-clio-mk3-rs-2173.html

The dyno results are as follows:

OEM:
Claimed data:
Horsepower 197Hp @ 7250 rpm
Torque 215 Nm @ 5550 rpm

OEM actual data:
Horsepower 197,3 Hp @ 7195 rpm
Torque 211,1 Nm @ 5580 rpm

Supersprint Sytem (front cat pipe/centre pipe without silencer/backbox) actual data:
Horsepower 201,3 Hp @ 7115 rpm
Torque 217,2 Nm @ 5590 rpm

31944.jpg

172 5HED
Except it doesnt make 197 OEM on any car I have known/seen???

Would be good going to get over 200BHP with the full system!

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
Except it doesnt make 197 OEM on any car I have known/seen???

Would be good going to get over 200BHP with the full system!

i'm sorry Kev but after everything that gets posted on this forum i thought it would be pretty obvious to take any RR figures with a pinch of salt

you seem like a pretty clued up guy, supersprint have a good reputation, and make good quality products, but even they have to succomb to the sales 'propoganda'

if they said it didn't give you any extra any BHP, they would lose alot of sales from the people who buy one just for that fact alone

the fact it sounds frickin' awesome would have me buying one! :eek:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I've seen a number of 197's run over book. Just because paul's doesn't, doesn't mean everyother one is wrong...

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
i'm sorry Kev but after everything that gets posted on this forum i thought it would be pretty obvious to take any RR figures with a pinch of salt

you seem like a pretty clued up guy, supersprint have a good reputation, and make good quality products, but even they have to succomb to the sales 'propoganda'

if they said it didn't give you any extra any BHP, they would lose alot of sales from the people who buy one just for that fact alone

the fact it sounds frickin' awesome would have me buying one! :eek:

actually their rolling road data for the 172 and 182s were down below renault's claimed figures so their data is not too inaccurate. They may just have found ideal conditions for the car with air temp, fuel mixture, tire pressure etc. The graph shows the before and after results for the 197 so even if it was over reading slightly it still proves gains.

Renaultsport Clio 182
that's a hell of a lot of wedge though!

going by the figures posted (and taking them all with a pinch of salt especially the OEM ones) you are in effect paying £1,763.00 for the full system for a miniscule 3bhp?!

you'd be a mug to do it! no offence

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
actually their rolling road data for the 172 and 182s were down below renault's claimed figures so their data is not too inaccurate. They may just have found ideal conditions for the car with air temp, fuel mixture, tire pressure etc. The graph shows the before and after results for the 197 so even if it was over reading slightly it still proves gains.

oh don't get me wrong i'm not denying it proves gains, it clearly does from the before and after

it's the whole 'renault's don't make book figures' arguement

there must be thousands of clio owners out there that think their 172 makes 172bhp, so you can imagine they get a supersprint exhaust fitted that claims 3bhp (for example) then go to a RR and find it makes 169bhp

then they will bad mouth the exhaust saying it has lost them bhp lol

my point was that kev was saying he hasn't seen a 197 make book figures, but then it's more about the gains on the same rolling road rather than the starting figure. i was merely saying that a company might 'adjust' a rolling road so that they are starting with the right sort of figure to begin with, and then prove their gains from there. im waffling, so i'll stop lol

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
from experience with their other systems I'd imagine the system was a fair bit lighter than the oe one also, so the rolling road graph probably does not give full picture of the gains

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
oh don't get me wrong i'm not denying it proves gains, it clearly does from the before and after

it's the whole 'renault's don't make book figures' arguement

there must be thousands of clio owners out there that think their 172 makes 172bhp, so you can imagine they get a supersprint exhaust fitted that claims 3bhp (for example) then go to a RR and find it makes 169bhp

then they will bad mouth the exhaust saying it has lost them bhp lol

I get your point, but you can't force people to find out how their car performs before and after so this cannot really be helped.