ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Tapatalk Update is w**k

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I had tapatalk pro too, can't find this old version on google play. Stuck with the new s**t version.

You won't find it directly on the store, you have to go into the google play app, then my apps, then click on show all apps (or whatever it's named) and then scroll through the list till you find Tapatalk Pro, then you can reinstall it. You won't be able to search the store and install it as it's been removed from the search but it can still be installed via the mechanism I just gave you.

Fiesta ST-2
You won't find it directly on the store, you have to go into the google play app, then my apps, then click on show all apps (or whatever it's named) and then scroll through the list till you find Tapatalk Pro, then you can reinstall it. You won't be able to search the store and install it as it's been removed from the search but it can still be installed via the mechanism I just gave you.
Yeah that's where I looked mate, couldn't find it.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
If it was fine I wouldn't have made the picture months ago because of the constant complaints :wink:

It's only the very latest update (last few days) that's rendered it pretty much unusable though, it's been fine up until then (apart from the odd crash).

Doesn't bother me now as I've reverted to Tapatalk Pro and it's back to being perfect now.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Had one today and what a load of s**t. I'll get used to it but wish they would just leave it alone.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
It's almost as if tapatalk don't want people to use the app. The latest update is f**king awful.

I'm done with it. Mobile site it is from now on.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I've swapped to using the mobile site now. So much better! For everyone that has only experienced the old forum mobile site, give the new one a try. You won't want to go back to using Tapacrap.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Lol, like we have that sort of control over the workings of tapatalk. [emoji1]

If we did, maybe we could fix the other stuff like the 2CV header c**k up from them.... [emoji58]

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Haha btw links are working for me..

No doubt there will be more annoying changes as they will have to update to lose the festive loading page which is annoying now.

I got used to the new layout though so its fine again now imo just annoying if they keep changing it unnecessarily.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Yeah they added the headers to the app, then added an option to upload our header image to the control panel which is great.

Unfortunately the current app only supports their standard randomly chosen headers and not the custom ones!

That support should arrive with the next app update, meanwhile forum admins worldwide are being asked the same question.

Some Subaru forums have evos and the Aston Martin owners club has a 2cv. [emoji90]

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I can't get on with the mobile theme plus I use TT for other forums. Its also like my go to app now. But I have had a bit of trouble on the mobile site maybe someone could help with.

Was trying to open the music thread and every time before it would load properly safari would just crash. I tried clearing the phone data and history etc did a reset but still crashes and that 's even on a wifi connection.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
If it's the one with all the YouTube videos in then it's because there's so many embedded videos your phone hasn't got enough memory to load them.

But I get moaned at if I try to limit the number of vids or pics per post, so can't do much about it [emoji31]

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Haha no worries mate I thought it might be something along those lines. My phone is pretty full now.

Old forum was 2 iirc which I'm guessing went with the old forum. Only noticed there was no limit again the other day. Just tested the thread as its moved onto another page and it loaded fine.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Another update on mine today. Not massively different but still they have fiddled a little to no surprise.

Edit- I see we have the custom header picture now too.

Last edited:
  BG Clio 182
Another update on mine today. Not massively different but still they have fiddled a little to no surprise.

Edit- I see we have the custom header picture now too.
Ah what's that on then? I haven't had an update on android yet [emoji35]

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I've completely ditched tapatalk now in favour of the mobile site. Just needed tapatalks last update to make it not worth working out how to use it again.

BG Clio 182
I've completely ditched tapatalk now in favour of the mobile site. Just needed tapatalks last update to make it not worth working out how to use it again.
To be fair the reason I started this thread was because tapatalk is obviously s**t. I have though tried to persevere but find myself needing both the mobile version and tapatalk just for the notifications.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I do miss the notifications a little but really the only thing I miss is the ease of uploading a photo from my phone. Much easier with tapatalk.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Tapawank is now s**t. I f**king detest it.
Why why why do they continue to 'update' it every 5 f**king minutes.

BG Clio 182
Tapawank is now s**t. I f**king detest it.
Why why why do they continue to 'update' it every 5 f**king minutes.
Yeah you are unfortunately right. It's a pile of f**king groin and spoils the whole experience but it's just sometimes easier than the forum for some things. Really wish the forum would have an app, with alerts and notifications as that'd be awesome

McGherkin

Macca fan boiiiii
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah you are unfortunately right. It's a pile of f**king groin and spoils the whole experience but it's just sometimes easier than the forum for some things. Really wish the forum would have an app, with alerts and notifications as that'd be awesome

Why not set emails on? That way it tells you straight away when you get a reply. Set up a message rule to move all emails from CS into a seperate folder/ delete them after an hour or so and hey presto.

BG Clio 182
Why not set emails on? That way it tells you straight away when you get a reply. Set up a message rule to move all emails from CS into a seperate folder/ delete them after an hour or so and hey presto.
I do get that, but it's just more of a ballache. I already have 4 email addresses set up for work and have a decent amount of work emails so can't be bothered with pleasure stuff going through the same channel lol.

DCi
I must have tapatalk pro because it never changes for me!

No way am I turning email notifications on...I just trust if the thread is good I'll probably go back

BG Clio 182
Well, on my galaxy note 3 tapatalk has now been updated yet again! Changed the font and made some 'improvements'. They've just made it more animated and buggy and even worse. On a good note though they've got the banner sorted so that's all good.