ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Tapatalk Update is w**k

BG Clio 182
Tapatalk is new unusable. Entirely imossible. Ruined. Shite. Impossible. How the feck does it work? Why is something so easy so complicated and why is everything made impossibly hard when it was perfect to start with?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Wondering if this is the update that came a few weeks back that changed it a lot. Hope so as I've just got used to it and if it changes again I'll be pissed.

BG Clio 182
I to dropped TT like a hot potatoe when the forum was updated.
Yeah I am already disregarding tapatalk but using it alongside just for the convenience of the messages system and the way it integrates and pops up as an alert. For general browsing im using the mobile forum version now as a bookmark shortcut on my phone. Pisses allover this.

This update is unusable it came on my phone tonight I'm afraid :/

BG Clio 182
Wondering if this is the update that came a few weeks back that changed it a lot. Hope so as I've just got used to it and if it changes again I'll be pissed.
This came onto mine tonight mate thjnk it's new today :/ it's b****cks

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Latest Tapatalk update is terrible, Its impossible to find stuff easily and quickly now. Not just this forum but all wish they just left the layout as it was

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
They've slowly but surely been making it shitter and shitter with every update. It went from being a fast & simple forum reader to something else that I don't think even the writers knew what it was in the end. Uninstalled and now I just use the sites directly.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
They've slowly but surely been making it shitter and shitter with every update. It went from being a fast & simple forum reader to something else that I don't think even the writers knew what it was in the end. Uninstalled and now I just use the sites directly.
Yep! Mobile site for this is surprisingly good.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It works almost perfectly on the iP6/Safari. I find the icons a bit too far apart on my 27" screen though at times

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Glad to hear people are finding the forum working well on a mobile. That was one of the main focus areas for the recent forum move, and a lot of work went it to making this forum theme 'responsive' so that the same theme works and reacts to be usable on whatever screen space it's running in, small or large.

A few forum admins seem to be removing their Tapatalk access from what I've read due to various issues recently. Currently around 10% of posts on CS are made using the app, so disabling it is probably not something that would go down well at the moment, but I do encourage you all to try using the forum directly in your mobile browser though, it works very well, and much better than the old forum did which made tapatalk almost essential.

I'm hoping to get push messaging alerts built in to the forum directly eventually, which for me is the one major plus of continuing to use tapatalk.

BG Clio 182
Glad to hear people are finding the forum working well on a mobile. That was one of the main focus areas for the recent forum move, and a lot of work went it to making this forum theme 'responsive' so that the same theme works and reacts to be usable on whatever screen space it's running in, small or large.

A few forum admins seem to be removing their Tapatalk access from what I've read due to various issues recently. Currently around 10% of posts on CS are made using the app, so disabling it is probably not something that would go down well at the moment, but I do encourage you all to try using the forum directly in your mobile browser though, it works very well, and much better than the old forum did which made tapatalk almost essential.

I'm hoping to get push messaging alerts built in to the forum directly eventually, which for me is the one major plus of continuing to use tapatalk.
I personally, think you should take the whole forum platform, EXACTLY as it is because the mobile version is PERFECT and stick it in an app, thus allowing push alerts and OS integration with widgets and feeds. That would be pretty amazing.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
It's not quite that straight forward sadly, the web code can't just be used in an app directly. Also xenforo probably wouldn't be to happy with us building an app containing their code.

DCi
Either my tapatalk hasn't updated (I don't have pending updates though)

Or I don't get the issues... To be fair I only read/post in about 3 or 4 sections so I can get around easily

BG Clio 182
Either my tapatalk hasn't updated (I don't have pending updates though)

Or I don't get the issues... To be fair I only read/post in about 3 or 4 sections so I can get around easily

Dunno then. The whole layout has entirely changed so that navigation is impossible, finding threads is hard, getting to different forum sections and finding subscribed and participated threads is baffling. All a load of b****cks.

DCi
Dunno then. The whole layout has entirely changed so that navigation is impossible, finding threads is hard, getting to different forum sections and finding subscribed and participated threads is baffling. All a load of b****cks.
Here's how it looks on mine

HkBQepP.png

2014 Focus Titanium
Think I've found out why mine hasn't gone s**t, but it's confused me even further!

It seems I have "Tapatalk Pro" installed, not Tapatalk. When I go into My Apps in Playstore, Tapatalk Pro isn't in there, and it doesn't seem to exist. That would indicate that I installed it from an APK which I don't remember doing at all, and since I sideloaded Lollipop manually I would have definitely had to have done it since then, which again I have no knowledge of! Weird.

2014 Focus Titanium
Just downloaded the play store version and I can see why people are frustrated but it's not that difficult to navigate. Just click the little down arrow at the top where it says cliosport and then it displays the full menu of subforums.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Just downloaded the play store version and I can see why people are frustrated but it's not that difficult to navigate. Just click the little down arrow at the top where it says cliosport and then it displays the full menu of subforums.

And to move about forums you have to keep going back to "Home" and then back down the heirarchy. Piss poor.
You literally now see a handful of threads because they've made every thread huge. Piss poor.

They've taken something which crashed a lot but was functionally usable to something that's diabolically difficult and awkward to use. I can't believe they tested this new UI on anybody outside of their company because they'd have been told that it's w**k.

BG Clio 182
And to move about forums you have to keep going back to "Home" and then back down the heirarchy. Piss poor.
You literally now see a handful of threads because they've made every thread huge. Piss poor.

They've taken something which crashed a lot but was functionally usable to something that's diabolically difficult and awkward to use. I can't believe they tested this new UI on anybody outside of their company because they'd have been told that it's w**k.
Exactly. No one is syting it's impossible it's just hard isn't it, makes it unpleasant and makes you think I can't be bothered sometimes!

I used to find myself clicking on if I had 5 spare minutes. I now spend that 5 minutes checking my emails because it doesn't feel a quick job.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Incidentally these "new ui features" have caused a s**t storm on their own support forum and they've at least acknowledged that they've cocked up a bit. Everybody has the same gripes, threads unnecessarily taking up too much screen space and the forum navigation being basically awful now.

I previously had Tapatalk Pro (well, originally it was Tapatalk HD when I bought it) I've reinstalled that version from the google play store (open the google play app on your phone and go into my apps and then purchased and scroll through until you find it).

Ahhh.....back to a usable version!

BG Clio 182
Incidentally these "new ui features" have caused a s**t storm on their own support forum and they've at least acknowledged that they've cocked up a bit. Everybody has the same gripes, threads unnecessarily taking up too much screen space and the forum navigation being basically awful now.

I previously had Tapatalk Pro (well, originally it was Tapatalk HD when I bought it) I've reinstalled that version from the google play store (open the google play app on your phone and go into my apps and then purchased and scroll through until you find it).

Ahhh.....back to a usable version!

Wish I could too!

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
There's no point in us just removing it, and pissing off those people that do use it.

If people don't like it then they can choose to stop using it, and go back to using the normal website, which works fine on mobile devices now.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Yeah. Odd statement!

It works fine or rather it worked fine until this latest update where they made the UI monumentally bad. I'm sure they'll fix it, they know they've made a bit of a f**k up.

Still, the fact I can go back to Tapatalk pro means that I'm back in a quick to navigate and easy to use app again.

Reactions: Nik