ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new thumb grip application

rs 182
Hi Guys, received my new thumb grips in the post today, any ideas on the best way to fix them? no nails or something like that? look cracking i have to say.

Cheers

Tom

Arctic Blue 182 FF
They are pricey, luckily i got some from a member on here for £50 posted, i put 3 small drops of superglue on each worked so far

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
Well worth it! I'm lucky, mine are all good at the moment (surprised for a 2004 car!) but will definitely want these when needed!

rs 182
They are pricey, luckily i got some from a member on here for £50 posted, i put 3 small drops of superglue on each worked so far
really? now i have cut the old crap out, it looks like if i did that then they would have no chance of staying put.

rs 182
i think it does but i started to put them over and it was a bit tight and they were starting to creak so i stopped and cut the other crap out and have now stuck with no nails, happy with the result!

A little pricey but they do look the dogs danglies. Are they actually carbon fibre?
Yes.

8015958749_5194abc11b_z.jpg

Clio Trophy Interior by Jon Garrett, on Flickr

They look bloody awesome!!! What state were yours in before hand? Mine are quite a mess. Unsure whether I'd want to cut out all of the crap first or to just stick them over the un-even surface.

Mine had a small cut in the right grip. They were fine other wise.

I had a brand new wheel fitted when I bought it anyway :eek: (As you can see I have no melting)