ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New To All This

clio 1.2 16v dynamique
Helo All

Just turned 17 n started driving hope to pass my test soon, hve bought myself a clio 1.2 16V Dynamique.
Live in Edinburgh anyone got any gd tips or ideas in doing her up?

I'd concentrate on passing your test first dude :)

What sort of mods do you think you're into? I ask because you'll generally find the majority of people here are not into big styling mods, and responses can be quite cutting at times ;)

Welcome to Cliosport :D

First instant mod I would do is to get some silvervision indicator bulbs to remove the fried egg look. Especially at the front IMO. Also, for what it's worth, I've just fitted HID xenon style bulbs in mine and it's a lot better, total focker to change em though...

ur v.lucky to have a dynamique for your first car!!at 17 anyways!!yeah id concentrate on driving, then spend the money on ur car!!:D

yeah, don't plan anything over the top. clear indicators/side repeaters are always a good starting point, and mk2 ph2, rears if urs is a ph1, then stuff like colour coding, debadging etc. all relatively cheap and won't f**k you on ur 1st years cover. think about what it'll do to your insurance premium. then again if u can afford a dymanique at your age the size of the premium probably ain't much obstacle!

welcome

clio 1.2 16v dynamique
Cheers for this all gd ideas couldnt belive the price of insurance only reason i could afford it is because ive bean workin for the past two years n washing cars since i was about 10 years old.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Helo Pingu! a.k.a Stewart :D,told u that u would be told to change the front bulbs lol.

Clio 172 mk2
I'd concentrate on passing your test first dude :)

What sort of mods do you think you're into? I ask because you'll generally find the majority of people here are not into big styling mods, and responses can be quite cutting at times ;)

Welcome to Cliosport :D

Welcome to CS

I'd agree with Roy on the styling front.....be careful!:)

welcome, when is your test?

I'd leave the car totally stock for awhile till you passed your test and have a few years ncb. Then save up buy a faster clio and leave that stock too!

There is no point ending up on barryboys.co.uk!

www.renparts.co.uk
Welcome to CS. Keep the mods simple.. silvervisions and if insurance allows posibly lower it.. An Apex 40mm or 60mm kit will transform the look of the car and increase handling. You may find the stock setup to be a bit wobbly, 40mm if you need to ride quality to stay good while still improving the handling and look somewhat. Colour code your black plastics as well.
ta
josh

Turbos.
Your biggest problem will be insurance, you'll need to find a company willing to cover modifications. You will pay big bucks for the pleasure...

I'd agree with getting clear bulbs, and if it is an older Dynamique, colour code it perhaps.

You could be cheeky and get lowering springs and remove the plastic coating so they look OEM.

FF Blackgold 182
Hi and welcome to CS! :) Good luck with the driving test! As said before, get the tiny cosmetic things out of the way and leave it well alone other than that. Totally depends on tastes and budget tho, so it's up to u. The Roy has spoken! Listen to him and heed his warnings!:approve: