ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new to cliosport! junior bear :)

Clio 182, Astra Sri
hiya guys im junior bear

thought id join up as im looking to buy a 172 as my next car

the father has a LY R26 megane, so i think is hould get a 172 as i love the renaults.

im 18 currently with 2yncb, will be transfering moped insurance at some time too (lol). but hopefully in the near future i will be driving one

well thats my info right there ^

can anyone tell me what to look for when buying a clio?
maybe some people with the same insurance history as me, and tell me how much they are being charged a month...

many thanks!

JB

welcome along lad, not seen u on MS for a while, hope ur dads well send him my regards.

alot of decent people on ere, ull get some decent advice

naith

Clio 182, Astra Sri
dad fine, looking into a r26r now :D

nah not on MS much, dont see much stuff going on

im always on allcorsa.co.uk :eek:

know much about the 172's? i know alot of the guys on MS have owned them and not said a bad word

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
Theres a recent thread of a chap doing £2800 tpft insurance for an rs clio. Theres also alot of 18/19 year going for them quite recently so should be able to help you out.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
riad! how are ya mate? still polishing those exhausts?

yea f**k it may aswell just jump into something better, rather than waste my time lol

does hair bear come on here?

Welcome. You tried getting insurance for a 172 yet, Im 19 with 1yncb and most places wont give me ins for one, or if they do its at least £2000!

my 1.2 16v cost £1400!!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
LOL I used to see the megane EVERYWHERE

Saw it at the ring, next day it was at my local cinema!

Then 2 days later saw it at my local town lol.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Might have to dig this thread up ha

Finally getting a rs Clio after a few years of thinkin I was gonna get one soon lol

Still excited likeni was first time round, set my heart on one and finally gonna get the opportunity this weekend (if all goes well with the ones I go to see)

So hello again :) will post pics in here if get one at the weekend!!!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I always saw RS07ACE...especially round Ketley and Trench Lock.

Wish you well for your hunt for one...and hopefully see you at a meet in the not too distant future. :)

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Originally at a 172, but found a 182 today, going back tomorrow to negotiate a deal

More than happy to attend some meets! Any local?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Originally at a 172, but found a 182 today, going back tomorrow to negotiate a deal

Cool....We cover the West Midlands...so anywhere from our neck of the woods into Staffordshire and over towards Brum.

Looking at one for end of Jan...place to be decided. :)

Audi S3 Saloon

I'm glad you wasted my time on the way to "negotiate a deal" when you came to test drive mine. Also, thanks for the text letting me know your decision...doesn't take much to send a text saying "thanks but no thanks"

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Apologies for not texting you.

Went to see a lot of clios at the weekend.

I find the phrase 'time waster' quite harsh for a few reasons

1. I offered you a fair amount of cash (not too far from your asking price) which you declined

2. You were aware that I was unhappy with the complete lack of service history up to 40,000 miles from new

3. I made quite clear that the condition of paint was poor (touch up on every panel etc) not to mention the state of the engine bay

4. During my test drive my words to you were 'I'm not going to do much driving as a don't want to come across as a 'tyre kicker'

5. Over 100 mile round trip to see your vehicle

Apologies once again for not getting in contact with you, but I'm afraid that I disagree with being called a time waster.

Good luck with the sale though

Audi S3 Saloon
Apologies for not texting you.

Went to see a lot of clios at the weekend.

I find the phrase 'time waster' quite harsh for a few reasons

1. I offered you a fair amount of cash (not too far from your asking price) which you declined

2. You were aware that I was unhappy with the complete lack of service history up to 40,000 miles from new

3. I made quite clear that the condition of paint was poor (touch up on every panel etc) not to mention the state of the engine bay

4. During my test drive my words to you were 'I'm not going to do much driving as a don't want to come across as a 'tyre kicker'

5. Over 100 mile round trip to see your vehicle

Apologies once again for not getting in contact with you, but I'm afraid that I disagree with being called a time waster.

Good luck with the sale though

Thanks for replying, I've had a bad week so being told you'd get in touch and then hearing nothing was the straw that broke the camels back.

Having said that, I want to disagree with your points:

1) £500 off a £3500 asking price is 15% off and you weren't prepared to move on it at all, as I said, I probably would have met somewhere in the middle. Even so, if you were unhappy with all of the points below, then why make "an offer"?

2) As mentioned above, why make an offer then?

3) In your words "harsh", there are a couple of touch ups on the car but certainly not on every panel and the paint work is generally in very good nick. Sorry, I don't spend my life polishing the engine bay so it wasn't up to your standards, trust me, I've seen a lot worse.

4) Fair enough, but why take it for a test drive if you weren't happy with the car?

5) "On the way to see another car at Cannock to see which I prefer"

Anyway, enjoy your new car which I see needs both belts doing already - that'll be a good £500 gone so I hope you got a good price!

Cheers

Clio 182, Astra Sri
I offered a price which I thought it was worth, quite common for buyers to do. Apologies if you were insulted in anyway

I had to make the right choice for me and I felt better about the 'other Clio'

I'm doing the work on the car for peace of mind and to keep the Service history acceptable

I'd rather not have an argument in my first thread on this forum if you don't mind

More than happy to talk in private, for whatever reasons you'd still have

Once again apologies for not letting you know I'd chosen to buy a different Clio

Audi S3 Saloon
No worries, I understand you need to make the right choice for you and I hope you enjoy it.

Also, if the guy who arranged to come see the car, so I took time out of work and then text 15 mins before the time to say "Santander have rejected my loan application" so I can't come is on here, then I have a few choice words for you too. :banghead: