ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New to french cars...

1.8 16v Mk1 Ph1 + S14a
Hi :)

*Hopefully* getting a Mk1 ph1 1.8 16v (1993) in a few days time (viewing it tonight).

Upto now I have run been running a 250bhp+ Nissan 200sx Touring 1998 S14a, so if I sound like i'm ever on my high horse.. just gimme a slap lol. I have owned in the past minis of all sorts, metros (MG's/turbo/gti [still in garage!]) and a Nissan primera.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what the clio can do as I have always liked the 1.8 16v/williams body.. it just looks 'right'. I was looking for one with leather interior and I found a really good one, but it has really high miles and a few other faults that I'm not so keen on. I will probably settle for the cloth interior, although if I could get the leather front/rear and leather door cards I would be a very chuffed man.

I don't do cruises, and stay away from that kinda scene, but I am a car enthuthiast and like to help others out with parts/fitting advice etc.

Question > I expect most clio's with around 100k on the clock will need the dampers changing, but I can't seem to find a source of slightly uprated dampers (I don't want to lower car). Can anyone point me in the right direction please as I can't stand body roll. (My 200sx is on circuit spec coilovers but I want a little comfort and practical ability now as I will be living in the sticks in a month lol).

Thanks, and I hope I can be an asset to the club
Matthew

Last edited:
  1.8 16v Mk1 Ph1 + S14a
Thankyou :) Getting pretty excited about viewing the clio tonight. At 29 I'm not sure why!

Matthew

(Thanks for the move.. wasn't sure where to post first :D)

1.8 16v Mk1 Ph1 + S14a
Yup was looking at k-tec yesterday. They seem to know what they are doing judging from the components they sell/produce.

To be honest my 200sx makes my fiancee 'uncomfortable' as it is harsh ride with circuit coil-overs and very low seating and slippy leather. A slightly more firm than standard is what I am looking for. I don't want to lower though as I want to keep my wheel bearings for a while :)

Thankyou for the welcome :)

Matthew

1.8 16v Mk1 Ph1 + S14a
Just an update. Viewed the mk1 ph1 1.8 16v last night and will pick it up either sunday or monday with luck.

The cars handling seems very stable, I don't think it will need the dampers changing yet, but my fiancee has already said I could spend a bit of money if I wanted :cool:

I think that instead of doing susp, i will do general breathing and maybe pay for a guy to get the parking dings out (dent master). I have to say the mk1 with those turbines look amazing in the flesh, i really didn't think i'd like it that much. Was very impressed.

Very twitchy on the gas pedal (unlike a nissan :( ) and the clutch has to be completely pressed down, so that will take a while to get used to (any adjustment possible?). New gearbox 2 years ago as well, so thats pretty cool :)

Will put up pictures when i actually pick it up.

Matthew