ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new to renaults HELP PLEASE CLIO 1.2 16 valve

clio 1.2 16v
Hi any advice will be very much appreciated.. I came on a 1998 clio 1.2 16 valve handy the other day, however after a day it started misfiring (on cylinder 1) i took out the plug and noticed it was bent and i put in another only to drive down the road and find the same problem after a few miles, the piston had slapped the plug and its fucked the engine, its still running but only on 3 cylinders and i cant put a new plug in because its damaged the threads. I have been offered a 1998 scenic engine and am just wondering will it fit? if not what other engine will fit with minimal work.. i cant find a good 1.2 16valve anywhere near me and ideally i would like to up ther power a bit if it can be done with a simple engine / engine and box change. Thanks guys