ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Tomb Raider

Ibiza SC
FC3 all the way +1. However now that FC3 is almost done I'm looking at this for my next purchase.

Clio 1.2 16v
Played 10 minutes so far and it's very pretty, plays like Uncharted and has got a few annoying quick times that have caught me out lol

1.8 Civic EX
Nope lol yours not either? I'm not too fussed, plenty of other games on the go at the moment...

would have been nice to have a quick bash to see what's it like before all the spoilers start getting posted up in here!

Yaris Hybrid
Looks absolutely beautiful on PC but sadly totally unplayable as with nVidia (6 series apparently) cards it crashes every few seconds.

Clio 1.2 16v
I promise I won't post any storyline bits, I've played maybe an hour and it really is good, deserves all the positive reviews

Yaris Hybrid
Brother was playing it last night for couple hours with 680. No problems
Because he has an out of date driver or has turned tesselation off.nVidia have already ackowledged the issues and all the major gaming sites are reporting it as they have had PC's crashing when trying to do reviews of the PC version.I would urge anyone with a 6 series nVidia card to hold off buying this game as nVidia have said that it is more than just a driver issues and will require changes to be made at the developers end. So there is no ETA for a fix.It isn't just the tesselation crashing issue with the current drivers that is the problem either. The overall level of performance is very poor too. I noticed on my SLI 680 system that my fans were going absolutely batsh*t crazy. Yet I can play other demanding games on the ultra and the noise never raises above the sound when idling at the desktop. I have to put the settings down to medium to get it to sound as quiet as my other games and the poor sods with the single cards have to turn off the fancy hair effects and some other details depending on how frame rate sensitive they are. Sorry for no paragraph spaces, the work PC's are using IE3 or something and can't handle these forums.

Evo 5 RS
Nope, he's running the latest beta, actually. I don't seem to have any problems with the Titan either. Performance in Ultra is pretty solid.

Why don't you just roll back to an older driver if that's the case any who?

Yaris Hybrid
The discussion on the nvidia forums is actually in the topic for the beta driver because the beta driver doesn't solve the problem either.You and your brother should post your system info on there as you must be the only two people that are able to run with tesselation on those new drivers and not crash. I am sure that nvidia and crystal dynamics would be keen to see what you are doing differently. The problems do seem to afflict multi gpu systems worse such that they run slower than single gpu systems. So whilst the single 680 and titan are technically slower, they are probably giving better frame rates on TR than a 690 or 680SLI. That is why there is no point rolling back the driver as I tried it and it solved the tesselation issue but not the poor performance. It was easier to just un-tick tesselation. Again sorry for no paragraphs.

Evo 5 RS
That's because people only post up when there is grief, hardly going to get people piping up when the game runs just fine.

I really can't muster the energy to jump on Nvidia's boards just to tell people it works for me lol. Maybe my x79 system is just amazeballs.

Yaris Hybrid
OUCH!!!

Just benchmarked it with SLI enabled and disabled.

When running with it enabled my minimum frame rate DROPPED by 5.1fps, the maximum frame rate DROPPED by 2.0fps and the average frame rate was a slightly less depressing DROP of 0.4fps!

Actually that isn't any less depressing given the cost of the additional 680 for absolutely no gain! Plus it was completely quiet with SLI disabled but howling like a banshee with it enabled!

I do wonder outside of the world of 3DMark just how much benefit I am getting from SLI. The only other game where there was a widespread problem was Blacklight Retribution where it would be at my monitors 60fps cap on the single card and drop to 20fps with SLI!!!!!

But how do I know I am getting much benefit on other titles? I'd have to benchmark everything to check.

People sh*t on the Titan with regards to bang for buck but that is bang for buck on paper. I am seriously tempted to buy one and ebay the 680's. If I get a Titan I get a cast iron guaranteed 30 to 40% boost over a single 680. By running SLI I maybe getting double that benefit but the key word is "maybe". I may also be getting the same or less....

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I think its amazing! Always loved these! Tomb Raiders were always "my Call of Duty".

However, Im stuck :( Dont know how far in I am (not far only played it for an hour or 2)

Basically, I turn a Wheel, some guy comes and locks me in a room and turns some sort of Gas on and I start choking? I've tried shooting all the glass to no avail :(

Ph 1 172
Love it traded in metal gear rising for it, (really enjoyed metal gear) wasn't expecting much from this but it has surprised me shoot mechs are good with a good amount of thinking puzzle wise so far, only thing that annoys me personally is that I'm not 14 anymore and I would rather see more scenery than trying to get Lara's polygon rendered titties in the shot lol.

Kpowell911. Look around on the floor in the previous room, that had me stuck for a few mins

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Love it traded in metal gear rising for it, (really enjoyed metal gear) wasn't expecting much from this but it has surprised me shoot mechs are good with a good amount of thinking puzzle wise so far, only thing that annoys me personally is that I'm not 14 anymore and I would rather see more scenery than trying to get Lara's polygon rendered titties in the shot lol.

Kpowell911. Look around on the floor in the previous room, that had me stuck for a few mins

Done it now, quite far in now, 31%ish

1.8 Civic EX
Spoiler tags!!!!

had a quick go earlier. Jumped straight into multiplayer rather than trying the single player campaign. It's alright tbh. Quite hard to get going and actually see the opposition as its rather fast pased. Seems quite simple to level up and start getting the good weapons and upgrades.

Write the spoiler in square spoiler tags.

<spoiler> like these, but square </spoiler>

see

Tempted to get this as I've got a stack of games that could do with being traded in. I'm so nostalgic for the old ones I don't think I'll like it..

Evo 5 RS
OUCH!!!

Just benchmarked it with SLI enabled and disabled.

When running with it enabled my minimum frame rate DROPPED by 5.1fps, the maximum frame rate DROPPED by 2.0fps and the average frame rate was a slightly less depressing DROP of 0.4fps!

Actually that isn't any less depressing given the cost of the additional 680 for absolutely no gain! Plus it was completely quiet with SLI disabled but howling like a banshee with it enabled!

I do wonder outside of the world of 3DMark just how much benefit I am getting from SLI. The only other game where there was a widespread problem was Blacklight Retribution where it would be at my monitors 60fps cap on the single card and drop to 20fps with SLI!!!!!

But how do I know I am getting much benefit on other titles? I'd have to benchmark everything to check.

People sh*t on the Titan with regards to bang for buck but that is bang for buck on paper. I am seriously tempted to buy one and ebay the 680's. If I get a Titan I get a cast iron guaranteed 30 to 40% boost over a single 680. By running SLI I maybe getting double that benefit but the key word is "maybe". I may also be getting the same or less....

I've had a few gripes with SLi but it's mainly with games which are in beta or likewise. 8/10 ten it works just fine. The Titan is an awesome piece of kit though if you can stretch to it. Especially when gaming above 1080. It has a lot of grunt...Now if only I could stomach the cost of another...

1.8 Civic EX
Up to rank 12 on multiplayer now. Starting to unlock decent stuff thats making it a bit better.

Had a quick go on single player, didn't get very far before I had to go out but seems good. Lots of camera movement in cut scenes etc which is borderline motion sickness inducing but adds to the effect I guess.

Ly Cliosport 200
Well rented it on Friday and already completed it great story line could of been done with more tricky puzzles though

Picked this up today, not for me, but for the wife. She used to play TR years ago, but I'll have a go.

A SHED!
Just bought this. Cracking game, never liked the old ones, but is very well put together as is Lara herself ;)

A SHED!
I know....lol. I love uncharted games but the way this plays, i'm hooked, i can't recommend this enough!

Not a 320d
What a load of absolute shite. Really cant get into this s**t. I miss the old days where everything was square, flat textured terrain and all I had to do was shoot and jump.