ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NEW toy arrives next weekend

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Decided to sell the clio and go for one of these for a while.
Mid life crisis setting in I think...
I know a few members already own a VXT.
pict0221oy9.jpg

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Besides if you had given me your plate things might of been different lol
Anyway how are you Ben

A shiny black one.
Besides if you had given me your plate things might of been different lol
Anyway how are you Ben

I’m not too bad, just plodding along really how about you? You and the better half okay?

I’m sure the plate was the deciding factor! What’s really made you sell up? What’s the replacement, my works pc won't show the pic!

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Am i right in saying that unless the pillers are colour coded then there the non turbo models? Very nice looking car!

LY 182 FF CUPPED
side pods and rear spoiler are the quickest giveaway for a Turbo at a quick glance.
As for practicality, this will now be used a lot less than the Clio as i am changing jobs.

A shiny black one.
Fek practicality, looks like fun! What did you manage to get for the clio if you don't mind me asking?

clio 172 cup
u going to tune it?
add a diffuser i read sumwhere they need more downforce at the back when it goes past a ton.
nice choice anyway

LY 182 FF CUPPED
as for tuning....I am not sure what the best route to take is???
It already has a vxr miltek exhaust....guessing a remap is the next step???

I am now having the "sleepless night " thing set in, keep lying there in bed thinking about it...then I stop...then I think about it....then i think I now must go to sleep................something I never got with the clio.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
I have been informed the Lighting yellows are N/A and that this is "brilliant yellow"???
are they fun to drive?......what can I expect to play with on the roads?...will a 172 trounce me in the "twisties"

Turbos.
Looks awesome. Whats been done to it?

You need a geo for starters, and get the remap for throttle response... power boost is a bonus.

Nitrons/Ohlins turn them from average to amazing.

500 Twinair
I have been informed the Lighting yellows are N/A and that this is "brilliant yellow"???
are they fun to drive?......what can I expect to play with on the roads?...will a 172 trounce me in the "twisties"

Isnt the vx suspension lotus tuned?? If so it must take the 172 in the twistys

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Looks awesome. Whats been done to it?

You need a geo for starters, and get the remap for throttle response... power boost is a bonus.

Nitrons/Ohlins turn them from average to amazing.

Now I am confused.....if you would be so kind as to send me some links etc.
I have been told THORNEY MS are the guys in the know??

Turbos.
Well i am Plans Motorsport through and through, they are also more local to you (Surrey).

All VXs have very safe geometry being 'Vauxhalls.' You want to go to someone like Plans for a fast road setup which will virtually eradicate all understeer. The difference is night/day and is pretty cheap.

After about 40k the dampers start to corrode quite badly. I replaced mine out of neccessity and opted for aftermarket coilovers. Nitron are aluminum and so won't rust, whereas Ohlins are just another level. You don't need suspension though... a geo is enough... but i as said i had to change them and had the happy side effects of better handling and a much better looks.

For remaps i would say Courtenay have the best rep, Thorney do it but they get a bit of stick now and then.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Thanks for the tips.
I have just joined vx220.org sure I will follow suit with the guys on there.
Initially it was supposed to be an Elise I was opting to get....but the vx cropped up.
It is a car I can honestly say I have only seen 3 of in my life time....is it because they are poor cars I asked myself???
All I have read is good views...so far.
Watch this space.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
pah.......it's not a lotus though is it steve? ;)

can't wait till you get it......porsche hunting ftw!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Nice buy Steve.....shame we couldn't get you into that 135R but hey ho!

Im sure you'll have a ball with the VX....even if its a Lotus Lite....;)

I'll await the angry VX owner comments....:rasp:;)

The Bus and MRT
Thanks for the tips.
I have just joined vx220.org sure I will follow suit with the guys on there.
Initially it was supposed to be an Elise I was opting to get....but the vx cropped up.
It is a car I can honestly say I have only seen 3 of in my life time....is it because they are poor cars I asked myself???
All I have read is good views...so far.
Watch this space.

Same with any car you own, you never spot many until you're sat in one. It happened when I had the VXT and has happened since I got the DC5 :)

Great little cars these, scary though and even more so in the wet... definately just a weekend car IMO.

As said get the Geo done and Nitrons, if you can afford. If it's already got the Miltek on it I would guess it's already been remaped. Stage 1 is remap, Stage 2 is remap + Miltek... I forget the figures but I think they're 225bhp (but more importantly removes the flat spot) and 240 repectively.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
yes mate, and the standard wheels- which I plan to use in the winter.
Comes fitted with a decatted miltek system,and the complete standard exhaust + cat pipes.
I am getting the speedlines wrapped in A048 rubber next week hopefully...should last me till end of September.