ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new turbo parts...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
my wastegate got hand delivered tonight lol! its actually massive! stupidly massive...

bd6fe067.jpg

will take a snap of the mani and upload :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
b7057173.jpg

welding is pretty nice (for fred etc lol)
75c8b9f9.jpg

how i left the car last week... old engine coming out
fd6e6471.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
joke is i looked at the wastegate, guy came to my house to drop it off, he handed it to me... i looked at him and said... its kinda big... he laughed and said yeh lol! i was thinking of running twin wastegates there was nooooo chance lol! its HUGE! its a 60mm wastegate! i was gonna run a 30 or 40 but this came up so i went with this... its massive lol the outlet for the screamer is the size of most normal external wastegate pistons!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
im gonna have a minimum of 400 at the wheels... new engine will be here by weekend... :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol full rebuild, new housings, new tips, new waterpump etc... large street ports, turbo is still a sticking point...

either a master power t70 ptrim with ported shrowd... or a holset hx40 with a 19cm t4 housing and ported shrowd both will put out 400+whp

got ignition amplifier and water injection on the way :) then run it in and map :)

Sounds like a good set up, would aim for over 500 @ the fly, mine is just over 400 and I find it a bit pathetic now.

Best add a wheel refurb to the list;)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Sounds like a good set up, would aim for over 500 @ the fly, mine is just over 400 and I find it a bit pathetic now.

Best add a wheel refurb to the list;)

oh and 400 at the wheels is over 500 at the fly lol...

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
im gonna have a minimum of 400 at the wheels... new engine will be here by weekend... :)

Nice! haha! So what will that be? About 520ish? Madness..

If your ever bristol way i demand you take me out in it..lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Mine is 400ish @ the fly, not so sure about the 100bhp tranny loss though!

rotarys seem to have about 25% tranny loss which at 400 at the wheels is about 100bhp...

and tom im in or around bristol pretty often lol! soon as its ran in i will give you a shout :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
will be taking pics of everything (with a propper camera not my iphone) as its going together...

turbo im still not sure waiting to see if the holset supplier can get me the rear housing i want (19cm t4 divided) for the holset hx40 or a master power t70

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
:D

truck turbo's are tough, big and cheap plus the run journal bearings, rollerbearings melt on rotarys lol!

rotarys seem to have about 25% tranny loss which at 400 at the wheels is about 100bhp...

and tom im in or around bristol pretty often lol! soon as its ran in i will give you a shout :)

Was under the impression it is about 20%.

Are you upgrading brakes and suspension too?

ITB'd MK1

you'll have about 50-60 bhp losses in reality. 100bhp lost in mechanical friction.....lol dont think so ;)

SSautochrome/XSpower wastegate and manifold? Not bad, check the V-band clamp is tight so it doesn't leak (they're never tight enough when shipped) and make sure there's no welding residue inside the manifold (seen more than a handful of engines and turbos let go because of this.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Was under the impression it is about 20%.

Are you upgrading brakes and suspension too?

already running ohlins coilovers and uprated pads etc that im yet to get fade from...

as for the turbo's that is why im changing the rear housing if i can get it, bearing in mind a rotary puts out pretty much twice the amount of air a piston engine does...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
you'll have about 50-60 bhp losses in reality. 100bhp lost in mechanical friction.....lol dont think so ;)

SSautochrome/XSpower wastegate and manifold? Not bad, check the V-band clamp is tight so it doesn't leak (they're never tight enough when shipped) and make sure there's no welding residue inside the manifold (seen more than a handful of engines and turbos let go because of this.

nope and nope lol :p gs racing wastegate (same as dan chapman runs) stupidly took it apart to check it all :D them springs pack a punch lol! i dont think i will have children ever now lol, was led on my lap as im watching tv (had a darwin moment and didnt expect the springs to be that powerfull) my mum found me on the floor in a heap lol! :(

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol i had my mum attempting to help me, i was pushing down on it, trying to explain how to fit a vband to hold the top on wasnt a good idea she couldnt understand lol! gave such a f**king kick though lol! BAM! dropped me like a sack of s**t lol! more so than taking mrk1 clio shocks off and not compressing the spring enough then taking the circlip holding it all together off... holding the bottom of the shock with my feet... me leaning over it... BANG! woke up 5 mins later my neighbour asking if i was ok lol