ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New tyre problem?

RB One Eight Two
Had two new PS3s fitted yesterday on the front. While driving home last night I noticed a problem which has never happened before, when I get up to about 50-60mph the steering wheel is juddering like a gooden. Really horrible to drive, could this be balanced wrong? Or could it be tyre pressure which is incorrect? Im taking it back down to the garage at lunchtime as something is not right...

Anyone else had the same problem before?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Did you check the pressures ? I'd have done that myself first and then gone back.

They sometimes stick 40/50+ in there to get them to pop on the bead, and then don't bother reducing them to what they should be...

RB One Eight Two
Took it back at lunchtime, they re-balanced both the fronts and I then took it for a quick spin down the bypass and it seems to have sorted it, the juddering has gone thank god.

renault clio cup 172
what should the tyre pressure be? a always thought with 205/45/16 is was about 32psi?

Last edited:
33 front 30 rear.

I run 32 all round. higher tyre pressures still will not cause steering judder like described above though.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I had two new tyres fitted to the back a couple of months ago and the rear was all over the place,
tyre pressures were too high, the first thing I'll do whenever I get new tyres from now on is drive straight to a petrol station
to check them.