ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New V6 article from Autoexpress

Renault Laguna Coupe

The fastest Renault Clio is about to get an extra dose of va-va-voom! The new V6 Sport will feature the latest models nose and headlights, as well as under-bumper foglamps and extra aluminium detailing round the air vents.

Although its the Renaultsport flagship, additional development by motorsport expert TWR, which helped create the original, means the next-generation V6 will be even more exciting to drive. Thats because of a redesigned suspension giving improved grip and more agile road manners at speed.

Sharper steering as well as a gentler throttle action suggest the car will be easier to balance round corners, helping to tame the originals notoriously tricky handling. New alloy wheels and slimmer suspension components will make it lighter than the current car, and theres a power increase, too. The original V6s 230bhp 3.0-litre engine will be the same capacity, but modifications to the air filters and breather pipes will see output rise to 240bhp.

Renault will answer criticisms of the cooling system with larger air vents protected by chrome-effect wire grilles to prevent debris entering the engine bay. Cabin ventilation will also be improved to relieve the stuffy atmosphere of the present model.

New sports seats will be mounted lower, and the interior will feature the more modern dash of the current Clio.

The facelifted V6 is likely to debut in October, hot on the heels of the Renaultsport Clio 172 Cup, which will have aluminium body panels and a more basic interior to give the car greater appeal for enthusiastic drivers. The new V6 is expected to be priced approximately the same as the outgoing £25,995 model.

See the new-look Clio in the current issue of Auto Express magazine.

Williams 2, STi N12

This thing will be tons better than the Mk1..only seen a VR model of it so far so cant comment on the performance but on paper this is what shouldve been done from the start.

Williams 2, STi N12

Yep it certainly is..I mean would you do my mrs!!!

No seriously, I think you will all be very pleased with the new mods to it. Or at least I hope so, otherwise my job is on the line!!

Williams 2, STi N12

Captain - I work for TWR in Worthing in their Visualation suite that I am designing for them. Means i get to see full scale models in VR of all their cars they work on!! And pass on some design ideas from time to time.

Williams 2, STi N12

Personally I wouldnt. I know it is the wrong place to say this but I would be happier spending £25K on something else, we have put a lot of work into the MK2 but I still feel you can get a better drive from something else. If you want the exclusivity and the shear fact you have one then fine. But if you are on a budget of £25k for a toy then get something else. Ultimately it is your choice if you really want one then put your name down for the Mk2! Good luck.

so the LHD Mk 2 V6 i spotted was in imposter either a body kit or simply a front end re-work?

it did seem a bit odd when i saw it, i had expected to hear alot more about them before actually seeing one on the road

Williams 2, STi N12

Well lofty, as said previous I am only involved in the CAD/VR side of things. They build them at the same factory they build the C70, which is also TWR owned. I have no inside knowledge on release dates etc.. sorry.

Also I think it wise to keep my comments on what I would spend my £25k on as I will start a whole new argument, but one of the greatest handling cars ever is the Lotus Elan and if I could find a good one then it could be that.

Williams 2, STi N12

Yep, used to be the Daewoo R&D place but seeing as they went bust Tom bought it so it is all TWR now, with a bit of RR out the back. He has to land his helicopter in the fields out the back and get a driver to pick him up!!