ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NEW WHEELS WON'T FIT FLUSH ON HUB!!!

Bought some wheels off eBay couple of weeks ago and have gone to got them today and they won't go over the hub completely! All the figures are correct, and they do sit on the hub but the wont go all the way back? I can get the thread of the bolts in and tighten it up and I could use brute force tightening them up to get them sitting nice, but obviously I don't want to force them on and get them stuck. Here's some pics, and the advert description from eBay:

image-37.jpg
image-33.jpg

image-34.jpg

image-38.jpg

image-38.jpg

WRX
I'm guessing the outer part of the centre bore (where that circlip is) isn't 60.1. So it fits on until it reaches the thinner part.
My other thought was that you may have left a spigot ring on.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Centre bore has to be wrong or there's damage. have you tried more than 1 wheel?

I would say this. Never known an aftermarket mass produced wheel to come with a perfect centre bore size without needing spigot rings.

I'm guessing the outer part of the centre bore (where that circlip is) isn't 60.1. So it fits on until it reaches the thinner part.
My other thought was that you may have left a spigot ring on.

The spigot is only 10mm so I doubt the circlip would be the issue. I was thinking spigot ring left on too. Not the first time I've seen that happen.

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Not sure if it's just my eyes or not but to me the outer part of the centre bore looks a lot smaller. What did they come off originally?

To begin with I didn't realise spigot rings were on, removed them and they literally sit on the hub about 3-4 mil on, but nowhere near enough. Have tried two of the four wheels and no luck! Anyone got any suggestions?

That's exactly it, fits on but then the alloy goes thinner and won't budge anymore. Spigot rings have been removed.

Even says 601 here, could this ring be removed? It looks pretty well fixed to be honest, might even be a whole piece of the wheel?

image-39.jpg

RB 182 FF
The centre bore on renault wheels is pretty big compared to other 4x100 fitments like VW and Vauxhall. Only option is machining or get a set with a bigger centre bore

No paint inside so can't be that. Have just tried sanding them down a little bit inside but don't think it's gunna make much difference :(. Think they may have to be bored out then?

Clio 182
Suzuki swift wheel sizes

Swift 89 to 97 4×114.3 35 to 42 60.1
Swift 05 on 4×100 35 to 42 54.1
Swift Sport 06 on 5×114 38 to 45 60.1

going by that chart you have 54.1 bore if the bolt holes line up with your Renault ones.

measure the bore hole then measure the outer of that ring.
im thinking the ring may be able to pop out after looking at the pic.

Yeah the bolts line up spot on! That's strange though coz with the pic I've uploaded says 60.1? Just measured inner ring and I,d say its bang on 60 mm. The outer ring measures about 67mm.

Clio 182
In which case clean your hubs and the inner of the wheel with some rough sand paper or something similar as they should fit.

Ok mate thanks for you help, just sanded down the inside of one of them with some 120 will have another go! Think its gunna take a while bit should work!

2003 Clio 172 Cup
Just get a vernier caliper and set it to 60.1mm and check the bore. It's really not hard to check these things people..

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the bolts line up spot on! That's strange though coz with the pic I've uploaded says 60.1? Just measured inner ring and I,d say its bang on 60 mm. The outer ring measures about 67mm.

He doesn't need to remove 0.1mm he needs to smooth it flush with the rest of the bore.

the bore measures 60mm he needs to make it 60.1mm so needs to remove .1mm off the dia

Thanks for all your replies. Managed to get them on in the end but there still well too tight. Just hope they'll come off the hubs when I need to change the tyres lol. Went round the inside with sandpaper which helped get them on.

There deffo not comming off and now they are flush with the hub. I just kept tightening the bolts until they eventually pulled the alloys on flush (which is obviously NOT the correct way). Just need to pump the tyres up and take it for a test run tomorrow to see if its alright. Swear I could smell a burning smell after doing half a mile with them on?

Could having the alloys too tight on the hubs cause any problems? I guess it's better tight then loose! Ill upload some pics tomorrow, the rear looks to have some mad negative camber now lol but looks smart. Tyres are wider too so have filled out the arches nicely!