ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newb from cornwall

Hi im picking up a 2001 172 tomorrow with 68000 on the clock everything seemed good on the test drive today just a couple of points need attention, 1st one is the speedo is reading too slow, would this be a sensor or the cable? Also there is no evidence of the clutch being replaced in the history and the bite point is pretty high, i was wondering how many miles the average clutch lasts for? cheers, kirky

N
Hi im picking up a 2001 172 tomorrow with 68000 on the clock everything seemed good on the test drive today just a couple of points need attention, 1st one is the speedo is reading too slow, would this be a sensor or the cable? Also there is no evidence of the clutch being replaced in the history and the bite point is pretty high, i was wondering how many miles the average clutch lasts for? cheers, kirky
welcome. Not sure about the speedo but someone will on the forum. The clutches do bite high on the 172's so it sounds normal to me. They have quite a narrow window of engagement.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome!

I would say that the speedo is likely to be driven from a sensor on the gearbox, and that could be your issue although it could be that someone has had the clocks apart and not set the needle correctly. Or wrong size wheels. Bite is really high as standard, and the clutches do last for ages when looked after so not a problem!

We have regular meets in Cornwall, have a look at our regions section for more details, sadly I won't be there for the next 3 months but the rest are a great bunch :)

wheels are standard, ill try fitting a new sensor. The lights are pretty grubby looking aswel ive read the beast way of getting them clean again is with some fine wet and dry then finishing off with a good polish, any one else got any other methods that work well?

Just cleaned my lights heres some before and after shots.
2015-06-12 12.40.21.jpg
2015-06-12 12.40.15.jpg
2015-06-12 13.58.29.jpg