ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie Clio owner

B18c6 CRX, Filthy Clio
Hi everyone,

I've recently purchased/been given an M reg Clio 1.8 16v from a mate who was leaving the country. The plan is to use it as a daily hack as opposed to my "slightly modified" CRX, which isn't exactly suitable for clocking up commuting miles, but this Clio has one or two problems (aside from the fact it's not a Honda ;-): -

Firstly I'm getting drenched everytime the weight of the car is shifted off centre :eek: Now, I've had a good look through this forum and it seems like the sunroof leaking is quite a common problem, so I'll take a look at sealing that up over the weekend. And the second issue is that the imobiliser fails to deactivate on demand, which I guess is a direct result of the sunroof unnecessarily watering it's electrics....once again, I'll grab a wire brush and fix that at the w/e.
Oh yeah, and the passenger side electric window doesn't work :rolleyes: I'll get the doors cards off and check that out too.

However, aside from these minor issues it's quite a nice car to drive. And the leather seats are pretty cool too.

Anyway, I've rambled enough. Cool forum, great info contained within, and thanks.

Dan

Focus ST
Welcome :D to CS

I'm sure in time you'll accept any little faults and decide to get rid of the honda.:bump:

B18c6 CRX, Filthy Clio
Gweebs said:
Welcome :D to CS

I'm sure in time you'll accept any little faults and decide to get rid of the honda.:bump:

:rasp: I can't see that happening somehow:rasp: ;)

Megane 225 Cup
I can't see that happening somehow
U sir are missing out. :D

I have driven quite a few cars and for some odd reason i still think clios are the best in their class

Go to your local garage nad have the seals replaced.. simple

Also make sure that the catch is locking down correctly.. put something like a tape box under the handle for a couple of days and if you dont get wet then it just needs adjusting (this was what happened to my old clio)

B18c6 CRX, Filthy Clio
fungusman said:
U sir are missing out. :D

I have driven quite a few cars and for some odd reason i still think clios are the best in their class

Go to your local garage nad have the seals replaced.. simple

Also make sure that the catch is locking down correctly.. put something like a tape box under the handle for a couple of days and if you dont get wet then it just needs adjusting (this was what happened to my old clio)

Thanks for your advice, I'll bear that in mind when I take a good look at it this weekend.

I've always been a Honda fan and never been a big fan of Clios BUT!! I've never actually owned a Clio, so now's my chance to test it out first hand :D ....that way, in a couple of months, I'll be able to make a fair assessment of the car :approve:

Thanks for the welcome

Megane 225 Cup
Thanks for your advice, I'll bear that in mind when I take a good look at it this weekend.

No worries.. i replaced the seal first and it still leaked.. took me a while to work it out.. it might be the same for you.