ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie from Birmingham after a 172 checking in!

Hello everyone. Looks like a great site you have here. Can anyone tell me, is £2k enough to get a good 172 with climate control? I have to have climate, no 172 cup for me! ;)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Hello everyone. Looks like a great site you have here. Can anyone tell me, is £2k enough to get a good 172 with climate control? I have to have climate, no 172 cup for me! ;)

Welcome fellow West Midlander.

£2k will easily get you a decent 172, just make sure the belts have been done within the last year or two,
and look through all the history to make sure there's receipts to back up any work done.

WRX
Welcome along local, easily get a good one for that, just be patient and as Dave says, check when belts and dephaser were last done.

Are they generally reliable cars? As I work shifts and need something fairly reliable. Also, is there anyone in brum that would come looking at them with me?