ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie from Devon - BG 182

Clio 182 FF
Hello!

After owning my Saxo VTR for 5 years I've fancied a change. Had my eye on 182's for a while and finally bit the bullet.

After looking at a few with my dad who lives in Derbyshire, I spotted one for sale on Facebook in cheadle and got him to take a look for me as I live in Devon and I'm now an owner of a BG 182!!

I've not even seen it yet but can't wait to go pick it up, few bits need doing, air con doesn't work. Was told it just needs a regas but needs a new condenser after getting looked at. Few car park dents on door which is getting sorted monday and bumpers have a few marks and the wheels. But I'll get it looking mint in no time!!

The saxo and the clio. Clio picture is shocking sorry!!
20180512_211454.jpg
IMG_20180507_153829.jpg

Land Rover
Looks good, l just bought a 182 as well and have looked at a fair few around the Stockport area.
Missed that one though. I have a blue one, my aircon just needed a Regas, there was still gas in but it had dropped below 50%
Mine also has a few very minor dents particularly at the front of the bonnet and like you l am getting it sorted next week.
The car is great fun to drive and really handles well.
I am sure it will be a nice step up from your Saxo.

Josh_F

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome! Where in devon are you based? I'm in Exmouth/Exeter area. When do you pick the car up?

Clio 182 FF
Landyman- ah cool, It was only up for a few days before I spotted it. Was up for £1850 but got it for £1650 in the end with a spare exhaust and a few other bits.
Yeah got to get the little dents out or they'd bug me! Looking forward to driving it. I still love my saxo but just wanted a bit more.

Josh- I live in chudleigh, just 10-15 mins from Exeter just before Newton abbot.
Will have to keep an eye out!
Not sure when I'm getting it yet, wanted to go this weekend but my dad's sorting the air con for me and he knows a few bodywork people through being a mechanic so he'll get a better price than I can down here.
I'm busy the next couple of weekends though so it might be a while before I can go up :(

Land Rover
I think these cars are a bargain for what you are getting.
When you think you can get a good one for £2,000 (or less) there’s not much else to touch it.
And spares are easy/cheap to get as well, unlike some options l looked at such as Alfa Romeo.

Clio 182
Need any help buddy with your 182 then just shout I’m in Paignton. Rebuilt my last one and I’m a mechanic so always give you advice if you need it.

Clio 182 FF
Need any help buddy with your 182 then just shout I’m in Paignton. Rebuilt my last one and I’m a mechanic so always give you advice if you need it.

Ah awesome, thanks a lot!
Still not picked the bloody thing up yet. Hopefully going to go and get it this weekend.