ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie From Scotland

Ph1 Clio 172
Hi everybody, not long got myself a ph1 172 and love the thing to bits already, ofcourse its not without it small problems which i will fix. thought id join up to meet new people and learn some new things about my wee 172 :) added some pictures, hope you like :)

Ph1 Clio 172
Cheers, yea bought it from livingston about 3 months ago, not sure if the car would be recognised on here or not as there's a cliosport.net sticker on the rear window

Ph1 Clio 172
Thanks for the welcome, looks to be a few people near me, looking forward to any local up and coming meets. would also like to find somewhere local that's breaking a clio or 2

Ph1 Clio 172
Thanks i'll keep an eye out for some future meets, would be good to meet a few ppl and get advice, gave facebook a wee like aswell :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
welcome buddy car looks awesome, although need to get that rear exhaust hanger sorted to get it hidden behind the bumper!

did i spot this in Bonybridge a few days ago?

Rb 182
Thanks for the welcome, looks to be a few people near me, looking forward to any local up and coming meets. would also like to find somewhere local that's breaking a clio or 2

We've just broken a ph2 last month and a ph1 last year. If you need anything pm either myself or Djw John. Always happy to help.

Welcome! Nice to say another Scottish PH1! Any track plans? There's a good group of us that go to knockhill regularly!

I've also recently broken a couple so if your after any bits just ask! (I'm cheaper than Dave and John ;))

Ph1 Clio 172
Cheers all, yea the exhaust hanging right is on my very long list of things to sort lol. Was through Bonybridge way on Saturday picking up a couple bits for the Clio :)

Cheers everyone for the replys about parts, have a feeling i'll be contacting you guys alot lol.

I did think about the idea of making a track/fast road car, but dont have the heart to start taking out interior etc, its along way off track worthy atm but things may change in the future ;)

PH2 172
Sorry to invade.

Is there a specific section/forum where you guys do the track stuff. I'd like to try it out, never done it before mind. Just got a standard PH2

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
No, most info you'd be looking for will be in the mechanical section on here. Tracking clios is hugely popular now so there's a wealth of info about.

Dan.G

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Welcome mate! Good to see more and more people from north of the border joining up! No need to strip it for track I always track mine with full interior and its my daily, Enjoy the car!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
seen your car sitting months ago with the front bumper hanging off, Im guessing it way before you owned it.

photo.gif

Ph1 Clio 172
Yea that picture was before i owned it, i had noticed that its had a slight nudge on the front drivers side but its nothing major

PH2 172
No, most info you'd be looking for will be in the mechanical section on here. Tracking clios is hugely popular now so there's a wealth of info about.

the meets etc are generally posted here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?123-Scotland or on the facebook page.

I don't know what others think, but a Performace Driving course to get used to track driving is a great idea before just going in for a trackday. e.g. http://driving-experience.knockhill.com/1st-gear-performance-driving.php

Thanks for the info, the performance driving course seems like a great idea, I'll definitely be doing something like that before I do anything else.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
It looked clean when i seen it sitting there and its just like the bumper was not clipped / bolted in on teh drivers side.

None the less hope you picked it up at a decent price, I also might see you about as im only 2 mons down the road from John & Dave

Ph1 Clio 172
Yea it is clean enough looking wise apart from the bumper ofcourse, but hoping to get it fixed in the near future as its really the only cosmetic flaw in the car :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Robbie fire me a PM. Hopefully our bodyshop could do something with the bumper for you if it comes to it.

Ph1 Clio 172
Cheers, the bumper will be getting looked at after i get the mechanical side of things sorted, might be easier to replace the bumper/wing as someones been at it with self tappers :S