ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie here... with mk1 1.8 16v

Porsche 944
Hi everyone new to this forum just saying hi

I currently own a mk1 clio 1.8 16v (it the one that looks like the williams with the boxier arches and bonnet etc)

I work in a breakers yard and it was scrapped by someone about 3 years ago which is when I decided to buy it as a track day project! (it was not allowed back on the road due to already being issued with a COD certificate of destruction so figured rather that let it go to waste I'd use it on track!)
I then parked it up with all intentions of getting it track ready but you know how it is.... i have 4 other cars (im a VW/BMW man at heart :lolup: ) which took priority over this and unfortunately this poor little clio sat outside unprotected for 3 years!

Now the rear sills are utterly foobar'd and about a year ago some bored chavs broke into our yard and decided to smash the tailgate and n/s windows and put a massive crack in the windscreen... so now its seems like a lot of work to get it tracj worthy! especially when I have 3 other projects on the go (mk2 jetta having a 1.8t conversion, my Girlfriends Mk2 Scirocco and an early Bmw E30 which is in need of some attention! :eek:

So yeah thats me!... I thought I would join to either get a kick up the ass and fix the car or do the dreaded and break it up for parts and help out some members on here with parts!

Ill upload some pictures tonight to show you what its like ;)

Porsche 944
heres a picture of my clio.... (before the windows got smashed!)

D1EEBC3D-4A16-44F3-B917-E9FA7C500DC2-6731-0000080A014F9C92_zpsbfb2d54d.jpg

Inferno 182 & Saxo
I'd break it to be honest. Might be worth saving if you could return it to the road but as you cant its probably better off in bits