ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

newbie in bristol

hi all

my name is chris and i am looking for a 172 cup. i am in bristol. i have never driven a clio before so i wondered if any of you have local meets in bristol where someone could take me for a spin. i am in the market for a cup now. just cant find any for sell with good millage etc...

hope to meet you all soon.

Cheers.

chris

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I have a Clio 1.2 Rn. Got wheel trims an tings.

Welcome to the club :) (I'm Bristol too)

Don't Fancy a V6?? Got a nice one for sale!

very nice daniel.

do you know if anyone is close to kingswood. do you have a 172 cup?? be good to see 1 up close and have a passenger spin in one.

Cheers

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I know a guy on here has one, nice standard one too.

Henry. Might be worth pm-ing him. Very very nice chap.

Vantage
very nice daniel.

do you know if anyone is close to kingswood. do you have a 172 cup?? be good to see 1 up close and have a passenger spin in one.

Cheers

his 172 is a 1992 plate ;)

theres quite a few people on here with a cup mate...

just got to wait until they read this thread i guess

Hi Chris

Myself and Schweppy are your local area reps.

Welcome to the club and keep an eye on the local meets section for upcoming events and meets.

Justin

Flame red 172
Hi Chris, I too am a Bristol newbie! picked up a flame red 172 about a week ago! :)

I spent about 6 weeks looking around for a good cup, but didn't really have much luck. Saw a few pop up around Whales and Birmingham but they seem to sell pretty quickly or were a bit pricey (mainly the trade sale ones)..

I ended up buying a 172 from down in Plymouth (which used to be owned by 2 other forum users :p). must say I am very happy with it :) its on h&r coliovers so I guess the suspension is as good as a cup, plus the leather and comfy things you get with a normal 172.

Good luck on your hunting, Hope you find one soon!

Cheers,
Adam

Rusty Cup
my 182 spends the majority of its time pickin up parkin tickets around the temple meads area im sure it could accommodate if you fancy'd a spin.

hi mate

yea thats would be good. i will drop you a pm.

also thanks for all your welcomes. seems like a nice friendly site...:cool:

my 182 spends the majority of its time pickin up parkin tickets around the temple meads area im sure it could accommodate if you fancy'd a spin.

Mental 172 Cup
welcome m8 im from bristol aswell :) get down outfit there are a fair few clios down there im sure someone will take you for a spin! :)

Flame red 172

I keep seeing a black 182 parked up in the temple quay / dings area which is where I live.. is that yours?

Flame red 172
^ how can i not have seen you before?? i live in temple quay / dings area. in the new flats down there right next to the ibis hotel.

lol.. me too!.. were in the older flats opposite the new ones with the roof terrace. we have a parking space in the centre of the flats so the car is not normally on the road.

will keep an eye out for ya and catch up sometime.

Mental 172 Cup
hi mate i live in kingswood.

luke i used to come down outfit a fair bit when i had the evo. i will pop down. thursday night still the best night??

Cheers

who did you used to come down with mate? what cars? you ever seen me down there?

its all been shut off now so its crap but pop down anyway plenty of people will be about i would think :-D how do you find the evo?