ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

newbie needs advice

clio sport 182
hi

i have recently brought a 05 plate 182 in black, love the car but im thinking about what mods are the best, i have a pipercross induction kit on and i thinking about a new exaust, decat n manifold, and maybe a remap.

what would be the best for me to go for? and is there anybody selling any on here or know the best place to buy them,

hope to meet some of u guys n girls soon,

mark

Stripped yozza'd cup
There's loads of places for 182 stuff mate. Depends what you're after.
Induction kits are generally a waste of time, but they do sound good.
Exhaust and decat, again pretty useless for power gains really. But the placebo from the noise works well.
Have a look
Through the for sale ads mate.

clio sport 182
thanks, have been looking through the adds and found a few mentions of the rs tuner, when i called in at demon tweeks they told me the only way to map a clio is to get it done by a garage or themselves but the tuner is something i will be looking into.
will look through the adds,
thanks

Clio RS 200
I had a Viper induction on my 182 (a trophy), if it's well mounted, it work pretty well.
I'ld had a sport Cat, 100 cel. A good exhaust line (K-tec are good). And a remap, more to match the mods, then add power. With an inlet rework, you'll have a very nice 182!
But don't forget to take care of it (change oil with good one...).

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Not sure about the later 182 base maps but my early 172 original map was pretty poor compared to the RSTuner(fastchip.nl) map. Doesn't really make any more power, just seems to sharpen response. Would imagine exhaust would be your best bet-BTB & Yozza seem to be popular on the 182s, cant speak for KTec/Janetspeed systems but thought the one i had for my 172 was pretty poor. Also check which inlets you have, the ones embossed with 'RS' (under the fuel rail guard-do a search) have slightly enlarged porting compared to non RS inlets if you don't fancy forking out for a head matched set.

BG182ff,explod Focus
hi

i have recently brought a 05 plate 182 in black, love the car but im thinking about what mods are the best, i have a pipercross induction kit on and i thinking about a new exaust, decat n manifold, and maybe a remap.

what would be the best for me to go for? and is there anybody selling any on here or know the best place to buy them,

hope to meet some of u guys n girls soon,

mark

hi mark
instead of a decat pipe, try modifying your cat like this to remove the built in restriction to get the same sort of gain without the hassle of swopping the decat out every mot
what sort of pipercross kit is it? might be better to refit the standard airbox or fit an espace v6 one?
matched inlets won't hurt and if you keep your eyes on the for sale section you should be able to get a set or there are traders on here who will match them for you
as for the exhaust, rs192 and milltek sound good but can be a bugger to fit. like pablo said, yozza and btb seem popular and are better made
finding an unlocked rstuner or buying a new one to install a better map would be a good idea too but if you do go for a remap then do a bit of research on here first

the search function is your best bet to get an idea of whats worth doing but i'd think about improving the suspension and brakes first.
for the price of a good cat back system (from which you will hardly tell any difference other than sound without a decat/modded cat) you could make a measurable improvement to the handling and brakes which will help you go a lot faster than a few extra bhp