ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie to Clio from Kent

Megane 275 trophy006
Hello everyone.
Picking up my new Clio in 2 weeks time as it has some work needed on it (new brake pads and 2 areas of bodywork a scratch and a dink)

I've always owned a Fiesta mk3 of some kind (1.1LX, 1.4Si, 1.6Si) and my most recent which is modified with a 2.0lt Mondeo engine in it.
Fiesta has really been my life and what I know but I decided that my 2.0 needs to come off the road before FordFair for some work so went out saturday.
Originally I was after a 172 but when that and a 182 I had my eye on had been sold I saw a 197 and :cool: loved it.

They had the CUP version or the straight 197 for about the same price and I went for the 197 as it had the little extras that, as a retro ford owner, I've never had.
Also Panoramic Sunroof :D

Here is a picture of my new clio
pic1bpy.jpg

mmmmmk.jpg

pic2vg.jpg

I really can't wait to pick it up or learn the little bits that can be done with it :clown:

A side by side sig from my Fez forum
bannersmaller.jpg

Megane 275 trophy006
I'm more Sevenoaks/oxted way.

nope that's not renault in Orpington it's wilsons in Epsom.
my family has had cars from them before and they are a great (and huge) dealers.

I much prefer the blue over the silver (the other car) just makes it stand out a little more

thanks everyone :D

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Hi
Welcome :) My 5GTT came from Wilsons orginally... lol

Sign up to become a full member, you get a bit more access, not to mention an awesome little membership pack.

:)

Megane 275 trophy006
T5phy yes I am a female. One of the only females on the other forum with a heavily modded fez too :p

Quite a few Kent people in here. I've probably admired/drooled over someone off heres Clio at some point. I can't help it, just the effect they have.

Anyone know and/or own CL10 HER? That gets me smiling on my way to work as it parks just down the road near a Cosworth :D

Will look into membership Sash

Clio

Welcome Tia, please excuse T5, he has recently come out of a relationship (he was abused) and is a little unsure how to handle himself around women. Funnily enough, talking about abused people in relationships I like to do alot of work for charities in my spare time and currently host a self help group on a Wednesday afternoon for abused partners. It can be very sad at times but I like to do things to help others. I once wrestled 4 pit bull terriers to save a s**tzu from being savaged.

We should go for a drink one night. Your parents would love me.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Welcome Tia, please excuse T5, he has recently come out of a relationship (he was abused) and is a little unsure how to handle himself around women. Funnily enough, talking about abused people in relationships I like to do alot of work for charities in my spare time and currently host a self help group on a Wednesday afternoon for abused partners. It can be very sad at times but I like to do things to help others. I once wrestled 4 pit bull terriers to save a s**tzu from being savaged.

Oh Mace... :nono:

:slap:

rs 200

Mace could you bestow us with a picture of you saving the s**tzu.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
mace you provide me with no end of entertainment!!

welcome to CS, car looks nice!!

Megane 275 trophy006
lmao well your certainly a lively bunch. Never a bad thing.
I might stick a picture up later if I remember/cba after work.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Welcome.

Is it an Si you have?

You picked one of the best 197 colours

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Welcome to CS. Great colour on the 197 that.

Many years ago we used to do pretty regular meets at the Grasshopper near Oxted/Westerham, we should start that up again really.

Welcome to the club. You will find lots of helpful members on here, like Joe aka T5phy. They are all very happy to aid you in any way they can.

Kent is a nice area too.

Clio
Good lass.

Want me to come take one?

Once again I apologise for T5, sometimes he speaks without thinking. Its not that he does it to be rude he is just a little 'slow'. He means well and the councelling and rehab is going well.

Hopefully he'll be back to his normal self. Go T5 you are winning! (He responds really well to encouragement).

The Doctors even say the twitch and limp might go one day.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Welcome to CS. Great colour on the 197 that.

Many years ago we used to do pretty regular meets at the Grasshopper near Oxted/Westerham, we should start that up again really.
When the weather warms up and stays warm... no one likes standing about in the cold!

Megane 275 trophy006
grasshopper is literally 5 minutes from me as I live in westerham.

I brave the cold got a meet in sixfields on the 9th with my si as a few people want to see it before I uninsure it (if I even do as will need insurance for FF and it's an ass to sort with all the stuff)

yep the base of my 2.0 is a 1.6Si as the running gear stay with a silvertop dumped in and ECU and maf from a mondy.
there's only 2 orange si floating around so it can't be mistaken. although I destest the bonnet scoop and can't wait to get my RST bonnet back on it!

blue was just a lush colour in comparison :)

lol I'm good I take almost everything in a humerous way. I blame growing up in a male household for my blokish/rude/etc humour.

9 days till it's ready. im like a kid in a candy shop :)

Clio
I'd just post pics if I was you, probably the easiest way to get T5 off your back. He has this repetetive syndrome illness thing. He keeps on and on and on until he gets what he wants. I think its pics in this case.

Anymore help you need let me know.

Megane 275 trophy006
I should just string it along see how long he lasts lol ;)

I'm on the iPhone at work ATM almost time to finish.

Clio
lol, you don't want to string T5 out. He can go on forever. (In all ways)

He is so persistant he once chased his shadow for 23 miles.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Welcome.

Please read the forum rules before you post pics.

If it's chebs out, then you'll need to link them, rather than embed the images.

Megane 275 trophy006
lol, you don't want to string T5 out. He can go on forever. (In all ways)

He is so persistant he once chased his shadow for 23 miles.

sounds like my labrador lol

the picture won't be like that. it'll just be the one from meet the members on my other forum.