ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie with a Ph2 Clio 172 - I'm a VW guy though!

'02 Clio Sport 172
Just thought I'd introduce myself as I've been lurking a while! :)

My names Chris, and i've just recently purchased a 2002 Renault Clio Sport 172 as my a daily motor. I've always had VW's (still do) but fancied something newer and to to be honest nothing came close with the kind of spec. the Clio Sports have for the £££.

Last car was a MK3 Golf GTI 16v so I wanted something with a bit of go so I don't get bored, anyway, here it is, bog standard (see how long that lasts...) but with only 31K on the clock! :D

IMG_0612.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

It's predecessor;

14-03-09.jpg

...and the erm, 'project'...

Image044.jpg

Have to say, quite pleased with the Clio, parts prices seem shocking, but then VW arn't exactly cheap. It pulls well & seems to be well put together, just need to sort the back end out as it seems to want to wander on the corners & perhaps coilovers too, will see what £££ I have in the next few months! :cool:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
"seems to be well put together"

Say that in 6 months! :D

Looking good tho mate, Golf looks lovely to, I nearly bought one of these

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
looks awesome mate, rear dampers leaking are a common fault, totally ruin the handling they are all over the road when they go. only £50 a side for genuine renault items from renault though if you dont want to go the aftermarket route!

nice to see a standard one, exhausts are bad for falling off keep an eye for it blowing at the welds or the rear hanger snapping off the backbox

Celica and Raptor.
Looks very tidy Mate good buy.
Yeah defo check the rear shocks, same think happened with mine.
Nice Golf, even tho i must say i prefer the Mk2:approve:.
Looks like you got your work cut out with the project!!

Clio 172 Ph1
mate nice cars, love the hidden pipes on the clios. I was a VW man too about 4 years back. had Mk2 G60 which was awesome!

Any plans for engine mods or just leaving standard?

None
172 looks mint mate, nice buy :) had a mk2 golf myself and it served me well for many years.......i prefer the clio though ;)