ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie with a problem

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

nice touch with the gold renault badge. i like it. Again, I cant help but I am sure someone will know!

I had the same problem with my renault 19 valver. Im afraid the bad news is that it needs a new clutch = engine out job = expensive. I managed to get a few people to help me out, took ages and you need an engine hoist, all to save £500!

How free is the clutch mechanism? Was the entire clutch including bearing replaced or just the plate?

It could be that the gearbox splines need cleaning and greasing (that the clutch runs on) but this should have been done when the clutch was changed). Also the release lever etc may need freeing off.

How does the clutch feel when you use it? If it feels okay (if poss compare with another Clio) then check that the clutch cable is correctly routed and you havent gat it running funny or trapped/twisted/bent that would cause it to be damaged.

Seems a bit strange then, I cant think it would be anything else. Presumably the clutch is really heavy which is putting too much pressure on the clutch cable and is causing it to snap?

Im at a loss to think what else it could be!