ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newish member from Wigan

Clio Sport 172 Cup
Finally getting round to introducing myself. I'm Dave aka Pedro from Wigan.
I own a Renault Clio 172 Cup that I bought as a divorce/birthday present back in March this year. I was looking for an upgrade from Saxo Vtr road legal track car, and from regular track days had noticed the Clio Sport's seemed to be the weapon of choice for many.
This was my Saxo Vtr
IMG-20160416-WA0002.jpg

I am a drivers car driver, relying less on electronic aids and safety features to promote a spirited drive, and more on the skill and experience of the pilot of a car, so set my heart on finding a 172 Cup.
IMG_2310.JPG

This was from a recent rolling road day where my Cup made 175.5bhp on the rollers.
She has covered 75k miles from new, is on a replacement engine after the auxiliary belt failed on my original engine, spinning the crank pulley and bending all sixteen valves. I have kept the original engine with a view to blue printing and rebuilding it in the future.
Modification wise the car has a V6 airbox with ITG foam filter off a Ginetta G55 race car, Ktec Stealth stainless system, braided brake hoses all round, and Eibach Sportline springs.
I have plans for the car for the future but nothing to deter too much from how the car drives as I find it fantastic fun too drive as it is, and the feedback from the car when pushed hard is brilliant.