ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next Port Of Call?? [Engine Judder]

Impreza WRX
Right guys, after following replies from my previous post about the car juddering in low revs when engine is warm, i have cleaned the throttle body, its now spotless, and also cleaned up the induction kit and tdc sensor.

Its still there, although the car does run quite a bit smoother.

Plugs should have been changed last year when cambelt failed.

Then around 4 months ago, coilpack went on me, and the garage never replaced the plugs [told me they were too expensive]!

So, what would you guys suggest now? HT Leads?

Sorry for the life story, thanks for the help constantly!

Impreza WRX
Thanks bud. Easy enough to do myself?? Don't want to pay garages anymore to service the car!

Impreza WRX
thanks guys. it hesitates when i put my foot down for a split second, or if im in a 30 zone, i have to go in 3rd gear, or it will judderlike it wants to stall. Never actually stalls though

RB FF 182
I had this exact problem.

Mine was resolved by changing plugs, I got the required NGK PRFe6-10 or whatever they are off ebay for about £30!!

It hasn't done it since, not enough to notice anyway. I do need to change HT leads but all is good at the moment. I did it my self and it only took about 30 minutes. plenum off, plugs out, plugs in, plenum on, done. Just make sure you keep the leads in the same order, I just did one at a time.

Impreza WRX
Thanks for that bud, will get some ordered now and give it a bash. Are the plugs set right when you buy them?? I Know nothing about them or how to adjust them lol

Impreza WRX
just ordered some leads from K-Tec & will get the plugs in the morn. Hopefully this will crack the bugger of a problem!

RB FF 182
The NGK ones I got were the correct gap, no need for adjustment.

NGK PFR6E10, according to Fred from BTM which I just found in another post. They're definitely what I put in mine.

There's also a guide on changing plugs on here somewhere. Check It out it's pretty good.

Hope it sorts it for you. Mines awesome now!! Just in case though, I read somewhere that dirty fuel injectors can cause this kind of problem. But it doesn't seem very common. Maybe if this doesn't work that would be your next step...? Not sure about that though.