ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nightclub Photogrophy

Clio Sport 172
Got my G9 today and me likes ALOT....

What is the best settings too use in a nightclub? I have just become a spotter at dontstayin.com

Thanks

1.8 Civic EX
can't remember the exact name for it but slow the flash speed down so it flashes when the shutter closes rather than when it opens...

thats what most use it keeps the subject infocus but blurs the background/lights etc..

manual is the one you need lol and an external flash and a better camera ;)

talk about wanting to shoot hard subject matter

Clio Sport 172
manual is the one you need lol and an external flash and a better camera ;)

talk about wanting to shoot hard subject matter

8cb4eddc474e4ad4b4b481auv1.jpg

This was taken using the g9 with no flash. Seems good enough for me ;)

Hmm no exif info so we cant tell what it was have they said it was a g9 ?

for me the shutter wasnt fast enough but its a trade off if you want to keep the colour of the lights but really im very supprised that was taken with no flash unless these clubs are ALOT brighter than the ones i know lol

That shot used a flash (you can see from the movement at the top left of her head), probably rear curtain sync which captures movement and all the nice background light initially then fires the flash for the last part of the image to capture the main subject.

430EX, bounced second curtain flash, Manual mode, F2.8 1/3 second shutter, ISO 400 and see how it goes. You may want to try it with normal flash though, as with second curtain it fires a small initial flash which people will think was the main one and may turn away.