ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NIGHTMARE !!!!

Mk2 1.4 s
im trying to remove the back seats on my ph1 as im changeing the interior the seats are bolted to the floor useing 2 torques heads there stuck tight and the heads are now semi rung anyone got any ideas as to how i can remove these

You could, but you might damage the threads and not be able to get the new bolts back in. Or just roll without, like me :cool:

No it's still on as far as I know. It's been like this since I bought the car... just not attatched!

RS6 C7
Ahh those bolts!

Iv'e had a nightmare with every clio iv'e tried to remove them from!

You will get them out with mole grips and some swearing ;)

Mk2 1.4 s
Ahh those bolts!

Iv'e had a nightmare with every clio iv'e tried to remove them from!

You will get them out with mole grips and some swearing ;)

haha tryed the swearing already the wee f***ers just sat it there holes and laughed at me struggleing

K4M ph2
Get under the car and attack the underside of the bolts with a wire brush and a load of wd40 works a treat!

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
I had a good battle with one of these one night. Like said above, clean the threads on the bottom of the car best you can. I then wrapped a fair amount of masking tape round the edge of the bolt and smashed a socket on. Think I cut as much of the bottom of the bolt off as I could and then replaced it with a proper hex head bolt.

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
I had a nightmare with these too, ended up using a lot of WD40 and screwing and unscrewing until it came loose. As others have said, if they are rounded consider drilling and using a reverse thread screw so you can still remove it with the threads intact.