ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nikon D3100

DB.

BMW 440i
Off to Thailand in June and always wanted a DSLR so this is the perfect time to get one. I will mostly be shooting the scenery, me and the girlfriend out there. I intend on using it for a little bit more once i return from Thailand but will all be fairly normal useage.

I have a £500 budget max.

D3100 comes in at £400, so you could buy a bundle and get the 8GB Memory card, Case and a 52mm UV filter. (what is the filter?) This comes in at £500.

Any opinions on this? Suggestions?

2.2 bar shed.
Eurgh, get a second hand 500D. Or even a 450d and a 50 1.8 prime. Or nikon wise a d90 second hand comes in around there?

Used a D3100 the other day, felt pretty cheap compared to Nikon's previous entry levels.

For £500 you could pick up a 2nd hand D90 body and 18-55VR lens.

Fiesta ST-3
My friend has a D3100 and is a good entry level DSLR IMO. It's easy to use, also has some guide features built in and seems a pretty sturdy Item. Some of his pictures are fairly good with it too.

I have the D5000 and I like it. It all depends what you want from a camera, and tbh it's the lens that get the best shots.

Storm Grey 200
D90 is old but still holds its ground imo, I have one and love it. Second hand you could get it and a lens for the same budget. Has the AF motor built in which is a MASSIVE plus

2.2 bar shed.
The entry level bottom of the range cameras just feel so tacky imo, that and for what you get you can get much better mint condition second hand. Also, if you are buying new go through Kerso on talk photography as you'll get the best price possible from him.

D90 is old but still holds its ground imo, I have one and love it. Second hand you could get it and a lens for the same budget. Has the AF motor built in which is a MASSIVE plus

This.

Its all about the user and not the equipment ;)

I have made £100+ in the past 2 weeks from photos using a Olympus Four Thirds set up!!