ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nikon D40 How much to sell for?

Merc A class
Hey guys!

Sorry if its been asked before but selling the D40 but not sure what price to ask for it will come with Standard lens Lower pro bag and a 2gb memory card?

Will also get the sensor cleaned etc before the sale

Any ideas?

Thanks

Riad

EDIT : Has all the box and instruction and instillation disks

Last edited:

Ian

Focus TDCi
You upgrading Riad?

One sold on another forum not long ago for £200 posted, including instructions, box, kit lens, extra battery and a 2Gb SD card.

Merc A class
You upgrading Riad?

One sold on another forum not long ago for £200 posted, including instructions, box, kit lens, extra battery and a 2Gb SD card.

Think so my mate his selling his cannon 5d but not sure if ide want that as ime used to nikon now looking at the D90

Thanks for the help mate!

Ian

Focus TDCi
How much for the 5D? ;) I'd take it if you can - it's basically a full frame version of the 450d and better built.

Nikon D90 is a decent camera too though, I suppose.

Edit: Thinking about it, I'd probably go for the D90 knowing what you shoot mate - bigger screen, higher FPS, more AF points, crop sensor. Be better for snowboarding etc I think?

Last edited:
  Motorbikes
If your comfy with Nikon then best to stay with Nikon perhaps... its what you know. Being a canon fanboy I'd say 5D though :cool:

About £200ish sounds right for your camera and gear I imagine.

Cupra
D90 definitely beats the 5D for sports I would have thought. Image quality from a FF sensor is supposed to be very good though.

LoW clio Sh*t...&..
I would say around 170ish.. £200 is if your very lucky and depending on the condition of the camera.

Would Defo recommend the D90 mate! ;)

Mk2 ph1 clio
You give me £150 for the nikon and i'll take it! ;-)

They do seem to shift for around £150 -£200 though!

The 5D would be a brilliant camera .... but not for sports. You would want a 1D for that tbh! 8.5fps.

Merc A class
My mate has offered me £200 for it when he has the money! haha

Think il stick with nikon although the cannon is a really good camera used it a few times

I can out the price out if your interested ian?

Thanks for the help/replies guys!

Ian

Focus TDCi
Don't think I can afford it Riad! How much is he asking for it? Could do with a second body, although I was planning on getting a lens next.

Ian

Focus TDCi
A 7D. :p In all seriousness, probably something from the ##D line.. maybe a secondhand 40D or I can get a new 50D for £700 which might be one to look at for Christmas. Then sometime in the next year or two upgrade the 450D for a 7/5/1D variant.

I'm torn though as I really want to upgrade my kit lens, but don't want cheap glass, think that will come first unless there's a bargain body to be had.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Hmm possibly.. it wouldn't be a first choice though, the 8fps and 45 point AF are excellent but I don't think I could live with the 4Mpx. Also, would definitely have to change the kit lens then as it doesn't support EF-s lenses. I dunno! Think I'm spoilt a bit by the 450D - things have moved on quickly since 2001.

Thanks for the heads up though, let me know if it comes up and I'll see where I'm at. :)

Mk2 ph1 clio
Hmm possibly.. it wouldn't be a first choice though, the 8fps and 45 point AF are excellent but I don't think I could live with the 4Mpx. Also, would definitely have to change the kit lens then as it doesn't support EF-s lenses. I dunno! Think I'm spoilt a bit by the 450D - things have moved on quickly since 2001.

Thanks for the heads up though, let me know if it comes up and I'll see where I'm at. :)

Sorry should have said... 1D mkii same as mine lol.

I only have two lenses that work with it.. 300mm f4 L and the nifty fifty lol worth it for now though! Cracking cameras.