ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nissan Pulsar Nismo RS

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
So I've been hearing a lot about the Nissan Pulsar Nismo RS.

Nissan are launching it at the Paris motor show but it's not going into production until at least next year.

I'm most probably going to be in the market for a new car in around 18 months and this is seriously getting my attention.

Looks f**king awesome imo.

fc232525868f66f5c5c0314e7f26a7b8.jpg

d2da2bf150aa197583cd485f6bffce71.jpg

It's a bit like a proper car version of the Juke. It's kinda cool looking but we need spec info!

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
This is a direct lift from auto express-:

Our sources suggest the standard Pulsar Nismo S (shown in our exclusive images) will have in the region of 247bhp – placing it head-on with the Focus ST. But an RS should produce something more like 275bhp, taking it into Leon Cupra territory.

Of course, there’s more to performance than just power, so both versions will come with bigger brakes, stiffer suspension, lower ride heights and recalibrated steering and gearboxes than the standard Pulsar.

The RS model will take things further with a reinforced chassis and a limited-slip front differential. Less clear is which engine will provide the power. However, last November Nissan showed a Nismo concept version of the Sentra (a US-market saloon not sold in Europe), powered by a 240bhp 1.8-litre turbo. With some light tuning it could be the perfect candidate. Alternatively, Nissan could tune the Juke’s 1.6. The Peugeot RCZ-R proves that 270bhp is possible from a 1.6-litre turbo.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Very cool!

The normal Pulsar looks generic. Even the name Pulsar sounds like a hot hatch not a standard Focus competitor!

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Very cool!

The normal Pulsar looks generic. Even the name Pulsar sounds like a hot hatch not a standard Focus competitor!

The original pulsar gti was a bit of an animal. I had a GT turbo at the time they were out. The pulsar was very underrated back then by my circle of friends.

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
I really like that... It's about time Nissan stopped p*ssing about with the Juke and made something decent!

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
You get the feeling this is a proper Nissan car, not a Renault like the Juke and Qasqai or however its spelt.

Looking forward to it being on sale at the same time as the new Type R too.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Lets hope the gearbox doesn't blow up every few months like the old Pulsar!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Like that.

Hope they stick a decent gearbox in it! & it has a bit of poke.

Nothing worse than being all wheels and no cannon.

Volvo XC60 T8
Favourite seats!

Looks like they've learned from renault and used leather on the bolsters to stop them wearing out.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
can somebody please confirm that this is just a clio with a bigger engine and a few diffrent body panels?!?!

£10 says those recaros fit straight into a clio and it will be the "choice mod" in the future unless renault offer it in a facelift

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
can somebody please confirm that this is just a clio with a bigger engine and a few diffrent body panels?!?!

£10 says those recaros fit straight into a clio and it will be the "choice mod" in the future unless renault offer it in a facelift

No... It's not.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
No one... Yet.

Hoping it gets put on the Company Car List... That said I'm happy with my current Nismo, may chop it in for the new RS if it's available in Jan 15 when I have to change.

That's good to hear! And from the horses mouth so to speak ;)

It's focus sized nothing is definite about them even making it ;)

My wires were crossed it's the note nismo that won't be coming to the uk

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
That looks fantastic.
If it is anything like the specs make out it could be serious competition to the other hot hatches out there.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
So I've been hearing a lot about the Nissan Pulsar Nismo RS.

Nissan are launching it at the Paris motor show but it's not going into production until at least next year.

I'm most probably going to be in the market for a new car in around 18 months and this is seriously getting my attention.

Looks f**king awesome imo.

fc232525868f66f5c5c0314e7f26a7b8.jpg

d2da2bf150aa197583cd485f6bffce71.jpg

Love everything about it.

Ideal spec, there will be 2.
1. 1.6t 230bhp FWD GTi.
2. 1.6t 300bhp 4x4 GTi-R.

Would be bloody awesome.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Really liking the look of these! Will be an ideal car for the wife in a couple of years.