ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No 172 of 172 clio sport executive..

172 exclusive no 172
I have to day seen this vehicle,...
In person as i was buying it,

With only 34000 miles and 2 owners from new with full service history, I jumped on the car.

Pictures to follow when I manage to sort out my membership problems on here...

172 exclusive no 172
yes,i did mean exclusive:S

just excited to get the vehicle..

I picked the vehicle up today and drove it back from ely to Brigg, in lincolnshire.. I reset the trip computer and had to fiollow my dad back home, 156 miles on the trip computer and 41.2 Mpg I almost crapped my self..

I think i need to get a few bits for the car, I dont want to do too much as it is the last of the 172`s with the numbers on the sills..
Any suggestions..

172 Exclusive 007
Congrats Lee. I'm keeping mine mainly standard (but I might get a Whiteline ARB, shocks, Kirkey seat, etc.)

172 exclusive no 172
i checked the Full Service history... The car has done 8263 miles in first 4 years full receipts for service and routine servicing..
Next owner the Older Lady... only 34000 total after 7 years :)
Looked all around and has original mitchelin pilots on the back :)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
They'll happily sit above 30mpg all day so long as you dont kick its hole in everywhere.

I have # 002.

Im not sure how good the original tyres will be mate, all the Exclusives are 10-11 years old now...

172 exclusive no 172
A major facelift occurred in the spring of 2001 (Generation II, Phase 2) which saw the exterior restyled (most visibly the headlights were made more angular), the interior quality improved and a 1.5 L common rail Diesel engine added.

I found this...

Like some body before said It has phase 2 tail lights, my car was originally sold end may 2001... It also does not have the cd changer under the seat, i am still htinking a few mix and match parts as it is right at the end of the production lone....

Also i have noticed there is the original Alloy in the trunk as a spare...again with original tyres/

172 exclusive no 172
Here is my car after a quick clean

064.gif

063.gif

062.gif

061.gif

060.gif

059.gif

058.gif

057.gif

056.gif

055.gif

53 Clio's & counting
A major facelift occurred in the spring of 2001 (Generation II, Phase 2) which saw the exterior restyled (most visibly the headlights were made more angular), the interior quality improved and a 1.5 L common rail Diesel engine added.

I found this...

Like some body before said It has phase 2 tail lights, my car was originally sold end may 2001... It also does not have the cd changer under the seat, i am still htinking a few mix and match parts as it is right at the end of the production lone....

Also i have noticed there is the original Alloy in the trunk as a spare...again with original tyres/

Definately would not have had ph2 rear lights in as standard, you have to swap more than just the casings around - not a difficult job, but Renault had and still have an abundance of Ph1 rear lights - 100% they would have been retrofitted.

Not taking anything away from the car mind, it looks lovely, and Scarab green looks great - I have 2 exclusives lol

tbh i'd get some new alloys, those ones dont compliment the car well...

also some subtle lows :) maybe 30/40mm lows?

but that's just me, if you wanna leave it standard, that's cool :)

172 exclusive no 172
I will be changing the rims, these have been curbed by the lady who had it before.. I am open to any options, as still trying to get use to available options and mods..

Not sure about lowering as the car handles just right, and want to keep it subtle, as i know a lot of people have been looking at it thinking it is a little 1.2 lol

172 exclusive no 172
the rims are going to get refurbed... what is there in the way of tuning bits for the 172?
Usual exhaust, panel filter, is there a good remap available

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
A remaps not really worth the money unless you go down the cams route.

Exhaust, decat and panel filter should be a nice start.

172 exclusive no 172
exhaust - check
decat - check
panel filter - tomorrow.
Coilovers - check

Just need to find some where to get on the RR and see what she is sat at...

Kangoo 172 Cup ;)
I had the chance to meet Lee and have a look at his car today, and it is very interesting after a closer look......

First of all, it is a minter!

The rear tyres ARE the original factory items with a DOT code of year 2000.

The most interesting thing was under the bonnet.
The engine looks like new, but it seems to be a hybrid crossover mix of phase 1 and 2.
It has the cable throttle body as expected, but runs a phase 2 injector rail and fuel line setup. No mechanical fuel pressure regulator, it runs the ECU pump fuel pressure control that the phase 2 runs! Crazy stuff! And got to be very rare on a phase 1!

You can see by looking at the engine that it has never been touched, and still has the original cam-belt fitted (dont worry Lee has it booked in for a belt).

To be honest, the rear lights look factory which is odd, and I cannot imagine them have been changes due to the car being totally OE when Lee picked it up, and it having only 2 previous owners with the last one being in her 70s! Lol.

Cracking car mate, I think you should donate it to me :)

172 exclusive no 172
Just an update on this thread.

Carbon Bonnet Fitted
Badges now gold
Wheels Original BBS now Gold not Silver
Side Door Strips Colour Coded.
Cup Spoiler Colour coded and Fitted.
Carbon Engine Cover and Home made Carbon Battery/ Induction Box
Carbon Dipped Mirror covers.

b1b56c7d-ba43-4551-ac44-3a0e3fc41539_zps8cb9c5ff.jpg
[/URL]
IMG_1482.jpg