ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NO BRAKES.......

Clio Sport 182
I recently took my Clio for its mot and it failed on a rear calliper that needed changing (which I have now done) however, whilst driving home from the mot centre my brake pedal got very stiff and I have very little braking, can anyone suggest a solution or cause please?

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Gubbed serveo .. pump the pedal and then put your feet on the the brake and hold then turn the engine on. if it doesnt go to the floor its gubbed.

Clio Sport 182
Gubbed serveo .. pump the pedal and then put your feet on the the brake and hold then turn the engine on. if it doesnt go to the floor its gubbed.

Thanks for the advise. I've done as you suggested and the brake pedal didn't go down.
Is te servo being gubbed the only outcome, as I've been looking through some old posts and it mentioned about the relief valve or the vacuum hose, are these not possibly causing the issue?

Clio Sport 182

Just an update, turns out it was the vacuum hose after all, it got too hot and melted itself closed wen they done the cat test on my mot.
Almost bought a new £300 servo on your advise, glad I investigated properly before I did.

Clio Sport 182
Hi guys.
I've sourced a new vacuum hose but I'm really struggling to get the old hose off the servo, problem is I can't seem to get to the servo as the engine bay is so tight. Does anyone have any a advise please?

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
It's not the hand size that's the real issue, I can't even seem to see the servo at the moment, I know where it's located but it's tucked so far back against the firewall I can't see where to the vacuum hose locates onto it?
remove drivers wheel and take the arch liner off. gives you so much more room unless you fancy taken the manifold off and going in from below.