ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No decent Clio threads on here lately?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
When I first joined, there were a few mental cars about. Matt Blacks clio etc. A supercharged V6 was floating about & There was also a minty mint Blue Valver, all of which were a labour of love and lots of £££'s.

Looking through now, theres not a lot going on?!

I know Burpspeeds project was awesome as was f0xy's and whiteleys, but they're finished now really.

Whats happened? Everyones just buying 172/182s and fitting 2118s and coilovers. there seems to be no proper builds going on?

Don't you know, theres a recession going on? :O

LOL I have noticed this though, usually read right through a wee project thread but the ones here I've already been through.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
...a project is never finished!

You never know I might roll it on its first 2010 outing and have to re-shell it lol.

Don't say that you penis!! With your luck!!

I know they're never finished, but for me, the good bit is reading the bit about fitting the engine, stripping it all down etc.

There seems to be a distinct lack at the minute.

Also, I've noticed nobody is doing anything really different anymore.

It is just a case of Lowered, Turinis, Cup Spoiler, Carbon Splitter, Silvervisions and that's about as far as a project goes.

Not many have balls to do something a bit different incase they get slagged off

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Also, I've noticed nobody is doing anything really different anymore.

It is just a case of Lowered, Turinis, Cup Spoiler, Carbon Splitter, Silvervisions and that's about as far as a project goes.

Not many have balls to do something a bit different incase they get slagged off

Tried and tested I guess, the turinis are a pisstake though, splitter, silvervisions and a cup spoiler are a must on any RS imo.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Cough, mines ongoing, and has been through a LOT!

Yes I know but (Don't take this personally) its just a clio with a supercharger. Theres a few now. If I'm honest thats why I never bothered with a project thread on mine as its just a Valver with an F4r. Jords and Chris have covered that more than enough! People who see it at work think its awesome but on here it just blends in.

I guess what i'm trying to say is that there are no balls out no compromise builds anymore.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You gave up on your ratvan Daniel?

Too scared of the rat droppings? :p

No thats still with us! Caught 3 mice in it now! (Thats reminded me, I need to get some more traps....)

Its got all the bits but I need to get the valver MOT'd before I can bring it home then the van will take the place of the valver! :D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What kinda project are you looking for?

I don't know really.

Matts Vag Clio, one seat, completely stripped out and over 400hp.

That blue mk1 (Cant remember the guys name) was the mintest thing i've ever seen on here. Stunning.

The V6 Clio was supercharged and had a Sequential box in it!

All just no compromise, balls out your pants best of the best builds imo.

Would be better going and watching some episodes of Scrapheap Challenge than hold out for some porjects starting on here tbh :p

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Something out of the ordinary, not sheepish.

Iv realised what i have to do... I must win the lottery!
Soon as i do il make you an epic project! :cool:

alien green rs133
my pikey productions thread needs to be updated tbh, but i have been busy, too busy to take pics and write about it tbh, but who really wants to read about my car anymore??

chevette suspension, bike boddies etc etc

B

Bucko

My mate built a twin engined 4WD Pug 205 a few years back, awesome.

He's currently doing something with a Nova, i'm not quite sure what but i think it involves RWD

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
my pikey productions thread needs to be updated tbh, but i have been busy, too busy to take pics and write about it tbh, but who really wants to read about my car anymore??

chevette suspension, bike boddies etc etc

Your car IS different, I like to read about it personally!

12th of never???

That's the American release date, we don't get it for another month.

SQ5
Yes I know but (Don't take this personally) its just a clio with a supercharger. Theres a few now. If I'm honest thats why I never bothered with a project thread on mine as its just a Valver with an F4r. Jords and Chris have covered that more than enough! People who see it at work think its awesome but on here it just blends in.

I guess what i'm trying to say is that there are no balls out no compromise builds anymore.

I won't it was better when there was only 3 of us had it done, now there seems to be one a week! So if I supercharge my spare engine and stick it in the back will that make you happy? 4 Litre 32v Twin Supercharged 4WD Clio is a bit of a mouthful!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I won't it was better when there was only 3 of us had it done, now there seems to be one a week! So if I supercharge my spare engine and stick it in the back will that make you happy? 4 Litre 32v Twin Supercharged 4WD Clio is a bit of a mouthful!

Do it!

ITB'd MK1
That blue mk1 (Cant remember the guys name) was the mintest thing i've ever seen on here. Stunning.

Imperial Blue valver was my mate Pauls (Paul C) , sold to another guy that changed a lot, Harry bought it a couple of years ago now, and I believe has just sold it on again

ITB'd MK1
I think the problem is this forum is increasingly populated by accountant enthusiasts who forget that it's a hobby and hobbys are what you spend your recreational money on. Anyone who does something simply for the love is told they're wrong and wasting thier money, almost exclusively by loud mouths that never have and never will do anything fun

Megane 225 F1
I think the problem is this forum is increasingly populated by accountant enthusiasts who forget that it's a hobby and hobbys are what you spend your recreational money on. Anyone who does something simply for the love is told they're wrong and wasting thier money, almost exclusively by loud mouths that never have and never will do anything fun

You have just hit the nail on the head with that. I just wish i wasnt a student and had money to try new things on cars.

1.8 Corsa Golf pd180
Sorry guys, iv made alot of s**t threads in the last week asking the questions that are asked over and over again on these forums.

I am a Clio Noob! lol :D

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Sadly that pretty much sums it all up, that and those who want to do something stupid with their car are completely broke :(

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Too bloody right.

I could have bought about 12 valvers with what i've spent on mine! lol.

But I do it because I love pissing about with cars.