ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No DVD burn on Dell XPS 630?

None
I have the dell xps 630 gaming pc and i can't burn dvd's anymore for some reason, when i try to make a dvd with any program it gets to the end then says fail:( i even bought some new rewritable dvd's to try but no luck, it will play dvd's, it will burn cd's but won't let me burn dvd's. I have an old dvd rw drive from my last pc but the wires don't match up, the old one has the long pin type wire but there is no connection like that on the dell pc wiring loom? any idea's, if i have to buy a new drive what kind of drive do i need to buy to make sure the wiring slots will fit in my dell.

None
Yeah it worked fine for a while, i burned a few dvd's on it then stopped for a while and the next time i tried it wouldn't work.

None
It is just the windows dvd maker i use, funny thing is i tried to burn the dvd on my laptop last night and the same thing happened so it looks like it isn't the dvd drive in my desktop pc but something in the files, any idea's as what settings might cause dvd's to fail when burning?