ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No Fan or AC... At a loss

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Hey

My Fan decided it would stop working last week.
I have ordered a resistor but yet to fit it as i need to be 100% sure before i have a go.

The reason why im hesitant is this:
When the fan works the AC pump is heard to turn on.
When the Fan stops the AC pump is no longer turning on

SO my question is... Does the CC control only allow the AC pump to engage when the fans are working? And if so will a new resistor pack fix that?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
On the CC control if you turn the fan speed all the way down, the AC pump will disengage.

The same when you turn the fan speed up from 0 to 1 bar, the pump can be heard clicking into action.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Ah i see. So if the fan or resistor pack is dead the fan wont work. And in turn the AC pump wont run.

Will check that then.
Im hoping its the resistor pack. But considering the fan did pop back into life before it may be a loose connection or a Broken Fan unit.

Process of elimination i suppose

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Tested it at lunch before i started to put new resistor in.. and its working again. very odd