ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No fuel

Paulstewart20

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio sport cup 172
Hi, my 172 FF I have just replaced the gear box but when I came to fire her up a year later nothing so I changed the battery as it was fucked so now she turns over. Next problem no fuel feeding the injectors as I disconnected it and I can't hear the pump prime. I cleaned the relay's (3 small black ones with 5 pins and switched them around too) still no joy i have 12 volts to the pump and 5volts on another but that's it, any ideas could it be the immobilser?

Paulstewart20

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio sport cup 172
I just tested all the relays and they work I manually wired up the fuel pump from the battery and it hummed so it works. I'm guessing the immobilized is holding it off is there anyway to bypass the immobiliser or reset it or anything?

Do you have another key you can try? Another key might work if your current key is broken.

Did you leave the battery disconnected for half an hour or so? I think that 'hard resets' the ECU.

Alternatively, I think the ph1 172 did not have an immobiliser in the ECU (but I might be wrong!) - if you can get an ECU without immobiliser, it might start :)

Paulstewart20

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio sport cup 172
Hi yes been off for a year battery was also cream crackered any links for a reset?

I don't think there is a button to press to reset it :D

I think disconnecting the battery means it 'forgets' any current issues - like switching a computer off and on again :)

Paulstewart20

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio sport cup 172
Ok found a loose bolt on top of the gearbox but close to the bulk head and I'm not talking about the big flat earth strap on the side. This strap was loose enough to move but looked tight, after tightening it up I turned the key and watched as that red immobiliser light distinguished whoop whoop could not start her up as it would wake the planet up but j will comment tomorrow and hopefully this will help someone else

Ok found a loose bolt on top of the gearbox but close to the bulk head and I'm not talking about the big flat earth strap on the side. This strap was loose enough to move but looked tight, after tightening it up I turned the key and watched as that red immobiliser light distinguished whoop whoop could not start her up as it would wake the planet up but j will comment tomorrow and hopefully this will help someone else
Good work!

Dodgy earths really do make a big difference - electricity is a devious beast :D lol

Paulstewart20

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio sport cup 172
I annoyingly have a new or same issue car won't fire, I found something is holding off the relays so I thought I would link them out at least to see of it runs. This does not work I have removed to the top to remove the plugs and I can see them.all spark I can also see spray from the injectors so I know I have fuel I know I have spark but the best I get is a thump of combustion then dead which tells me this is compression issue. The bit that confuses me is car has been sat for a year all I did is remove the gearbox from below so if I never touched the engine and it was fine before it can't be compression now! Can it?

Paulstewart20

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio sport cup 172
It's turned out to be either an air lock in the fuel pipe or old fuel but eventually she fired in to life she lives again thanks everyone for your help