ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No longer a Clio owner, now own a blue oval!

Well after 2 years of 200 ownership and over 4 years of Clio ownership, I decided it was time for a change! Changed my mind quite a lot when deciding what to replace it with, from Meg 250s to E46 330s to JDM EP3s, a lot of varied and different cars were considered. Then I was in my local dealer one day getting a bit for the 200 when I noticed this sitting on the forecourt and had a quick look at it, went back the next weekend for a drive in it and a proper going over, loved it and bought it.

So one last pic of how the 200 stood before I returned it to near standard to be traded in, going to miss that car for sure!

022edit.jpg

Then its replacement, a step up in terms of refinement and straight line pace, not quite as "chuckable" in the corners though, but then I didn't expect it to be with it being a bigger and heavier car!

s**t pics are s**t.

020.jpg

004.jpg

037.jpg

034.jpg

018.jpg

It's a facelift Focus ST2 in what I believe is Frozen White (Someone will correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure) and all in all I'm very happy with it, boost/torque means making quick progress/overtaking is effortless compared to the Clios, although I know there will be times I will miss the rattly screaming NA fun the Clios provide, especially the 200!

Thanks for looking, comments and criticism welcome.

P.S. Anyone who fancies making me a half decent avatar in the new bigger size from one of the pics above, feel free!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Looks great, although the black wheels are not to my taste. Did you find out if it had been modified? That exhaust doesn't look standard.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's needing "standardised" it's been a bit "basterdised" ;)

Nice buy though. I think they're fantastic cars and they actually have a lot of character. Obviously i'm a Ford fan though.

Thanks all!

Looks great, although the black wheels are not to my taste. Did you find out if it had been modified? That exhaust doesn't look standard.

Yeah they're definitely not standard tailpipes, they appear to be RS ones from what I can tell, not sure if it's just had the tips welded on or what TBH. Will need to get it up on ramps and have a poke about.

It's needing "standardised" it's been a bit "basterdised" ;)

Nice buy though. I think they're fantastic cars and they actually have a lot of character. Obviously i'm a Ford fan though.

I like all the cosmetic stuff that's been done to it, even the flaps. It won't be changing on the outside apart from a set of Eibachs maybe.

JDM ep3 to a ford? LOL.

I like it :)

Thanks, like I said I change my mind a lot, E46s are also a world apart from an EP3 and those were another option that popped into my head. Pistonheads classifieds haunt me! lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
But, but it's got Blue stripes... And black wheels.... And the car is White. :(

I've got my eye on e46 m3's. Scratch I need to itch before I need to sell up and top up the saving for a mortgage :(

These sound mint as well!!

Do it, may as well before you have become sensible for a while!

They do indeed, the roar above 3K is lovely even standard.

But, but it's got Blue stripes... And black wheels.... And the car is White. :(

Meh, the blue matches the badges, calipers and interior and the black matches the front end bits and black diffuser. You've got to remember, I came from a car which when bought had a red body, grey wheels, silver handles/badges and black mirrors etc. I'm used to mismatching colour schemes :p

I'd probably get the stripes replaced in black if I could do so for a reasonable price tbf.

PB Clio 172
not something I would have done but its your car/s. Horrible stripes though remind me of mine on my old r5GTT !

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
It's a frickin awesome colour!!!

My cousin has one, love it.
One minute it's pearl white then the next it's grey.

+1, if it's the colour I'm thinking of I've only ever seen it on Kugas, looks a very very light blue until in sunlight.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
+1, if it's the colour I'm thinking of I've only ever seen it on Kugas, looks a very very light blue until in sunlight.

I think that's different. It's like duck egg blue on tge Kuga. Pretty poor colour c

Fiesta ST200
Aye. Electric white would have been better. But forzen white is still lovely!

They are great cars, enjoy!