ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No more Cliosports

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Spoke to Ross from Rawlinsons @ Bury about a RS18 coming soon and he tells me Renault are making no more, due to emissions, Cliosports. Has anyone more info on this or been told the same ?

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Spoke to Ross from Rawlinsons @ Bury about a RS18 coming soon and he tells me Renault are making no more, due to emissions, Cliosports. Has anyone more info on this or been told the same ?

It’s because you keep buying them all Ian lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Was chatting to @Pink-182 and he said that Mini were doing the same with their Cooper works cars due to the emissions. Its only a temporary thing apparently

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
surely an all electric one must be in development, most of the other manufacturers will be going that route?

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
862136F5-0C6E-498F-B021-79254C351980.jpeg

This perhaps

BMW M4; S1000 RR
IIRC BMW aren't making M3s at the moment with the same emissions issue. Wouldn't worry about it. There's probably loads of cars in the same boat

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
They will figure something out with the engines. Petrol turbo engines are not going to disappear any time soon

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Not looking forward to the lack of engine and exhaust notes in years to come, especially in motorsport :(

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Correct, they're going to stop making the RenaultSport Clio. You can still place an order now which will take months but it's pretty much done. So it's whatever the dealers have in the UK Renault dealer network, waiting for 18 plate demos to be able to be sold or buy pre reg, 1 owner 66 plate onwards Clios.

And with that you'll be lucky to get something to a particular spec in the with the colour Clio you like. So with all, nothing, or 1-2 optional extras. I know this as I've been thrashing out potential deals on Clios over the last 2 weeks looking for a replacement to the Liquid Yellow 200 EDC.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
So next cliosport to have a smaller ice and electric power then? Just RS the Zoe, it's a good looking car, slightly blister the arches and bigger wheel's and a bigger motor. Done.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
So the dealerships are selling their current demo cars to make way for the 15 RS18 clios they have on the way, what will follow who knows ?

Yet they can carry on making the M4? How does that work?

There is a change taking place to the M4 by the addition of a Petrol Particulate Filter. To make room for the PPF they are switching from a carbon driveshaft to a steel one with a smaller diameter. As the M3 is nearer the end of its life cycle it appears they are not applying the change (although initial press release said they would) and will / may soon stop building. All due to the 'The Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP)'.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
There is a change taking place to the M4 by the addition of a Petrol Particulate Filter. To make room for the PPF they are switching from a carbon driveshaft to a steel one with a smaller diameter. As the M3 is nearer the end of its life cycle it appears they are not applying the change (although initial press release said they would) and will / may soon stop building. All due to the 'The Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP)'.

So... I assume that will be an mot fail when people chop out the ppf? Haha.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Oh yeah, that's going to be a "thing" soon enough. PPF removal services, undetectable, blah blah blah.

It's just not worth the cost of re-engineering cars which are low selling and/or nearly end of life to meet the new test requirements.