ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No one seem want to buy my RSi

Clio 197
It been over 2 month now & seem no one want to buy my mk2 ph1 1.6v RSi. This car is so mint inside & outside, there no stone chips anywhere or interior has no worn or damage.
I can't just keep puting the price down many time. I will get nothing much if I sold it too cheap in that mint car. I AD on CS, autotader & pistonheads & I got no luck. Well I can't believe it, my RSi is just sitting on my drive for month & half now.

7.gif

Ah well it a shame :dapprove:

:(

M

mini-valver

Really is a mint car in every way. It's always the case though Giles that the mint ones take a while to sell. Persivere and it'll go mate!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I think you've hit the nail on the head there Giles - your car is just too good!

When I had a chat to you and had a walk around it at the RWS, it outshone the looks of much newer cars there - and most certainly including my own 182.

In essence, it looks too good to be true. I'm not saying that in anyway of being negative. But people buying cars like that would expect to see the odd scratch, bump or knock here and there. Yours was blemish-free and unfortunately.... that can trigger warning bells within peoples' minds. Even when those warning bells are totally unfounded.

I wish you the very best with it - it really is a great car to look at. Somebody, somewhere will end up with that cracker. :approve:

D.

Clio 197
How much is it up for?

PM me

what's the lowest you'd go? as i'm looking for a new car at the moment.

PM me if you like :)

PM me

how much did ya want?

PM me

I think you've hit the nail on the head there Giles - your car is just too good!

When I had a chat to you and had a walk around it at the RWS, it outshone the looks of much newer cars there - and most certainly including my own 182.

In essence, it looks too good to be true. I'm not saying that in anyway of being negative. But people buying cars like that would expect to see the odd scratch, bump or knock here and there. Yours was blemish-free and unfortunately.... that can trigger warning bells within peoples' minds. Even when those warning bells are totally unfounded.

I wish you the very best with it - it really is a great car to look at. Somebody, somewhere will end up with that cracker. :approve:

D.

I think the mileage puts people off, its very difficult to convey in an advert how mint it actually is.

how much did you advertise it for? And don't ask me to PM you for the price, we're trying to help you out mate.

In such good condition with 85k mileage I would expect it to sell for around £2500 at this time of year.

Its the wrong time of year to sell a car really... completely a buyers market at the moment.

I don't think people will pay £3000 for a high mileage Ph1 at this time of year. You'll need to make the price more attractive to grab people's attention. This should make them want to come and see the car, which will obviously reveal to them how good the condition of the car is = a sale :)

ph quick
Its either the time of year or maybe the market for ph1s is dying, ive offered my ph quick for around 3k and had no interest at all

Its either the time of year or maybe the market for ph1s is dying, ive offered my ph quick for around 3k and had no interest at all

its the time of the year mate. Car's seem to sell easier around the middle of the year.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

its the time of the year mate. Car's seem to sell easier around the middle of the year.

Good point. CarSelect were nearly falling over themselves to sell the 182 to me, back in November '04.

What with Christmas approaching and stuff, a car up for sale really does have to be special to spark someone's interest at this time of year.

D.

^
No offence to him, but I doubt it will sell at this time of year for the price he wants, or anythnig remotly like what he wants for it.
Early next year he might get what he wants for it.

Ad

MK2 FRS
The mileage is the main factor.. condition can only go so far to inflate the price. Also the time of year is contributing. The price is too close to ph1 172s with similar mileages, imho, the insurance is not that much cheaper either.

Is a mint example, no getting away from it.

It has caught my eye i must admit, but wouldnt pay 3k for it. I'm looking for a new car at the moment

giles i knew exactly what u mean

i had a 1.4 sport clio, was mint inside and out, (fair enuf ther was a lot of miles on it) bt it ran as sweet as a nut

it took me 2 n a half months to sell it

bt a girl came out an looked at it n offered me £1600 4 it

bye bye clio

miss it tho

ph quick
I think ill hold fire on mine till next year then, i was never in any rush to sell, jsut want a big estate and a6 tdis and beemer 530ds are at an all time low...

CS Dungeon
£1k Overpriced is the only reason why you still have it, cars sell no matter what time of year............those that say otherwise are also asking too much for theres.

Look on ebay for a more realistic price!

I paid less then £1k more then you want for this RSi for my 2003 Mk2 FF 172 on 30k miles

Edit: Looks a cracking example thou for the milage :)

Last edited:
  visualize whirled pe
£1k Overpriced is the only reason why you still have it, cars sell no matter what time of year............those that say otherwise are also asking too much for theres.

Look on ebay for a more realistic price!

I paid less then £1k more then you want for this RSi for my 2003 Mk2 FF 172 on 30k miles

Edit: Looks a cracking example thou for the milage :)

Have a look on the parkers guide, it's not £1k over priced by that. Although it maybe slightly more than people want to pay. You could return the wheels and springs to standard and try again and make the difference up selling them on here?

In real world terms what anyone else has paid for a car is irrelivant as bargains can be had everywhere and a bargain price is a one off price (that's what makes it a bargain), not a marker to compair every other price to as gospel. Thats how most second hand dealers buy cars and make a profit.

Ebay is not a realistic price guide there are enough boneheads on there backing out of sales so anything that goes cheap is a bargain (see above) You need to look at what is selling in your area also look in all the papers and autotrader to get an idea because most people wont be arsed to travel unless it's a good price (ie cheap) and the locals will only pay what is a fair price locally not nationally.

Clio 197
I can't keep it till next year cos it will waste the road tax.

My car is just sit on the drive & seem no point putting sale sign on my car cos no one will see it.

A guy name TERRY, he brought my old mk2 ph1 1.2 8v & he drove all the way to here from Essex. He was very happy went he got it.

Last edited:
Reduce your asking price if you want a quick sale, either that or part ex it (sell it to a dealer) the dealer will sting you though.

Lots of Alfas
Have you advertised it locally Giles? In local paper, newletter, post office window. Thats how I sold my old car, I sold it for a good price and it was on 84k. ALthough despite the buyer being local the buyer found it on eBay and hit buy it now and paid for it before he even came and looked at it!

Maz

LY 200
Any car is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it, £2.5K is a good price IMHO.

Evo 6, E92 320d
It really caught my eye but it was a little to far from me... plus the fact i just bought 1 a couple days ago with 62k on the clock for £2100 (172 rep as well, pic threat coming soon)