ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

no spark in engine

Clio 1.4 8v s
I changed the radiator in my clio after an accident. I then charged the battrey up and it started without any problem. I then added water to the coolant bottle and bled the radiator (I take that I did it correctly) and let the car run for approx 30 mins. I then turned off the engine and tried to start it again a few hours later and it wouldn't start and hasn't done since. When I try to start it, it seems that there is no spark at all! Might the engine of overheated because i haven't bled it properly and what might be wrong? Any help would be appriciated!!

330i. E30 Touring.
Check the battery has enough charge.

When you say the engine has no spark, is it even trying to fire up? Turning over? What?

Clio 1.4 8v s
yes it's trying to turn over but there's no spark. mechanic has already fitted a new coilpack and it still won't start

330i. E30 Touring.
Well, he's fucked it up then. Or fitted a dodgy one.

Silly question, but Ht leads all on correctly? They're numbered, so any monkey should be able to check.

Clio 1.4 8v s
Not sure to be honest, the car's still with the mechanic but he thinks there might be a problem with the imobaliser now? Does that make any sense? He was talking about having to phone up for a code for the imobaliser.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
As budgie said check the Ht leads are on correctly and mayb get another coil pack to try on. Also try checking the plug that goes onto the coil pack make sure its getting a good connection

330i. E30 Touring.
Possible.

Leave the battery disconnected for ten minutes. May well reset it.

Clio 1.4 8v s
Thanks.

Heard quite a few talking about a crank sensor? Any advise on that?

I don't really want to go out buying different parts without knowing correctly what the problem is. Hopefully my mechanic will find out what the problem is when he has a good look on it tommorow.

330i. E30 Touring.
Do 1.4 8v's have a TDC sensor, too?

I know the problems are all too frequent with 1*2's.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Ah yeah never thought about the crank sensor, it could well be that as thats where the engine pics up on everything i.e timing etc

could be worth while trying one and see if it makes a diff

Clio 1.4 8v s
Yeah it does have one. Is it worth maybe trying it if it's not the imobaliser then? Really frustrating problem.

Clio 172 Cup
Ive just had a similar sounding problem last night. Got home to park, when i stopped the engine died... turns over on the starter, battery light on all other electrics work. It was down on power on my journey home. Just had new plugs fitted last week but all was great until last night :(
Any solutions out there?