ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No voltage on injector no.1 HELP PLEASE!

182 FF
Apologies if this has been asked before but after a trackday my 2002 172 cup developed a bid miss-fire and so far we've changed:

Coilpack
HT leads
All four injectors
Plugs

This has not cured the fault so we put a voltmeter across the injector pugs and there was no voltage on cylinder 1 and 12-13v on the other 3 cylinders.

We can't see any obvious broken wires from the injectors. Does anyone have any ideas? ECU?

Many thanks

The 12V feed to the injectors is a single feed from the main relay and also feeds the VVT actuator. If you have no voltage on no 1 make sure you're checking the same pin as 2,3 and 4 as only one is powered. If 1 really has no voltage on it depin the terminal from the JT connector and work back from there.

Also do you mean cylinder 1 as in actual cylinder 1 on the gearbox end or cylinder 1 as in the one nearest the crank pulley which is actualy cylinder 4?

182 FF
so why ask about voltage to an injector .......obviously not checked it in the first place then

No it was checked but as Matt says only one pin is powered, yes an oversight on our part. But I'm sure your're perfect and never make a mistake:rolleyes:

clio 182
yeah i think i would know on how to test for high resistance in leads and how to test injector pulse feeds , and no i aint perfect i would just make sure i was one hundred percent happy and certain of my question before i was to ask it, as there would be no point in getting answers for some thing that wouldnt even be right for solving your problem

182 FF
yeah i think i would know on how to test for high resistance in leads and how to test injector pulse feeds , and no i aint perfect i would just make sure i was one hundred percent happy and certain of my question before i was to ask it, as there would be no point in getting answers for some thing that wouldnt even be right for solving your problem

We used a multimeter with crocodile clips on as it was the only one we had to hand, so we had to use two screwdrivers to make contacts with the injector plug, obviously not perfect but all we had when I first posted and as we got readings off the others we thought it was at fault. So I asked for help as I thought that the forum was for? Or is it for asking about what coilovers are best for my 1.2 or putting pictures up of what colour I've sprayed my subframe this week?:dapprove:

We borrowed a proper injector tester and it tested fine, so we fired up it up in the dark and low and behold we could see the HT lead arcing. The leads are brand new Renault items so we did'nt think they would be an issue so we moved onto the next logical thing and thats why I posted initially.

Dummy back in pram;)