ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noise - Aux Belt related?

PH2 172
I've noticed recently I've a whine under acceleration similar to a turbo noise, mainly in 4th/5th. Also, in the last few days I can hear what can best be described as a 'wurring' noise.
After a search around here, it would appear this may be the aux belt - or rather the tensioners/pulleys - does this sound right?

I was under the impression this had already been done, but I've rechecked my documents and can't see any mention of it specifically - although it does have FRSH. Then again, mileage is now upto 63k - so it's due again soon anyway, no?

Does the noise described sound like it's AUX belt related?

Cheers

Megane dci 130
Sounds aux belt realated, possibly the tentioner or the little jocky wheel that it runs on next to the aircon.

PH2 172
Well I think it's best I put the full AUX kit on it anyway as it' definitely (over)due. I can go from there if it doesn't go away