ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noise from passanger side

clio 172
Hi guys, right what it is for a while now under acceleration there is a sort of a vibration noise comming from the front passanger side, while in the garage having a service i was informed that the top suspension mount was in need of replacing, this has since been replaced but i still have the noise. Has anyone got any idea what i should look at next. I plan on getting the car up on a jack later and having a good look but not really sure where to start. any help would be gr8 cheers guys, Adam

clio 172
I will try and take 1 in a bit when i can get 2 my car, what are u want me 2 take the pic of? just the passanger side?

Clio 172 CUP
Mine was rattling like a good one on the passenger side in the engine bay, then spotted that the rail/cover that covers the ecu i think, where it joins to the bolt jus below the sus top mount it had completely snapped off causing it to move an dance around while accelerating and going over bumps therefore rattling off the side where it should join.
jus check that, could be something competely different but worth a look.

Daz

clio 172
i will deff av a look at that mate cheers, its really annoyin me now but i very rarely get time to myself to look at the bloody thing

Clio 172 CUP
No bother, Like i say it could be something competely different, then i'd be stuck as where to start without hearing it buts that what was wrong with mine.

Daz

clio 172
hi agen, i have just had a quick look at my car and i think i may have found the problem or part of it, i have taken the pic that was requested but i cannot post it up. but basicly the cover over the ecu, on the passanger side of the cover where it bolts to the body of the car the bracket seems to be very loose and have a lot of movement, is this the place that you were talking about daz? it does not seem to have snapped off but maybe the weld at the edge or howeva its held maybe has broken. i was thinking about trying to use some silicone to hold it in place even if it is just for trial. what do u think? thanks again

adam

Clio 172 CUP
Yeah thats the place mate! Has the bolt came away from the body, or is it the cover itself that is loose?
Will the nut tighten up anymore?

clio 172
the cover its self is rattlin about on the bracket by the looks of it. i have tightened the nut up a bit but like i say i was guna try some silicone on that so that it could still flex but hopefully stop the noise?

Clio 172 CUP
mines pretty rigid on mine so maybe like you say something may have corroded or came loose, not quite sure how that part fixes on whether it is bolted, bonded or fused/welded.
Try taking it off for a better look and see how it is fixed, maybe get away with silicone as a temporary fix but I would be tempted to repair it or get a new/used one from somewhere seen as it is potecting your ecu from the environment.

Daz

clio 172
oh well. i have spent time on this this afternoon and it dont seem to be what i thaught it was. i have jacked it up and the A.R.B bush seems to be perished so i think that this will be my next choice. apart from this im lost at the moment

clio 172
seems i have found the problem or should i say the garage has eventually. the bottom gearbox mount snapped. new part is on order and should be hear early this week